Using Butter Instead of Whipped Butter

Can I use ordinary butter instead of whipped butter in a recipe?

Carlotta from Coquitlam, BC

I'm not sure, but I think the amounts would measure differently. Why not just whip a stick of regular butter and then measure the amount you need?

Unless the recipe specifies whipped butter, you should use regular butter. If the recipe specifies whipped, use whipped ( this is for baking, where it's important). If it's to flavor a sauce, I'd add the butter slowly up to the amount in the recipe; non-whipped butter is oilier, whipped butter has more water.

I can substitute ordinary butter for whipped, but I melted it first and one stick of butter is equal to 1/2 cup of melted butter. Thanks for the feedback. The cake was delicious. uumm

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsMarch 23, 2009
corn with real butter
Benefits of Using Real Butter
Whipped butter on a waffle.
Making Whipped Butter
Freezing Whipped Cream. Making Whipped Cream
Freezing Whipped Cream
Frozen Whipped Topping on Blueberries
Using Frozen Whipped Topping
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 3:08:38 AM on 10.0.1.229 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.