Removing Burnt Mark On Bottom Of Pan

How do you clean the burnt stuff that is piled on the bottom of a skillet?

By Janice from Dallas, TX

Do you have a self-cleaning oven? If you do, you can put it in there during the cycle. Otherwise, try putting it in a bonfire. I have read that works but have not tried it myself.

If it is a stainless skillet use eazy off oven cleaner.

I've used a round wire brush for electric drill. Best thing in the world. It works.

October 18, 2010 Flag

I left boiling water in a stainless steel saucepan on the stove and it burnt the bottom of the pan. We have weird tap water in Houston, TX so I could use any ideas.

I tried apple cider vinegar, dishwasher soap, and Dawn. Any ideas are welcome! Thanks.

Smoochie from Houston, TX

Answers:

Removing Burnt Mark On Bottom Of Pan

I'm not sure if you should use steel wool on stainless steel in particular, but I use it with a little dish soap on my pans and whatever is burnt to the bottom always comes right off with a little elbow grease (05/08/2008)

By pebleygirl

Removing Burnt Mark On Bottom Of Pan

They make stainless steel cleaner, I would try that! (05/08/2008)

By retrosarah

Removing Burnt Mark On Bottom Of Pan

MAAS Polishing Cream should remove it very easily. It removed some difficult chemical stains in my S.S. sink. It is available at most stores.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100777andid=prod1221 (05/09/2008)

By Cajun62234

Removing Burnt Mark On Bottom Of Pan

If all else fails, try spraying oven cleaner on it outside, letting it set about 2 hours before checking by wiping. If not clean, leave overnight. It did not hurt the stainless pans I've used it on. If it's more like lime or calcium, CLR should work if left to sit a long time, but follow label. I just removed house bunny calcified urine from it's plastic litter pan, and was amazed at how quickly and completely it removed the dried on calcified urine. If it will clean that, it just might be that it will clean your pan that had burned minerals from your water. I used to live in Houston and know that it has much mineral content.
God bless and help you. : ) (05/10/2008)

By Lynda

Removing Burnt Mark On Bottom Of Pan

Try to put some Coca Cola on the bottom of the pan and let it a couple of hours, then wipe it. The same works with the grills. (05/11/2008)

By nicegirl

Removing Burnt Mark On Bottom Of Pan

For the mineral deposit, boil water with lemon juice then wash the pan. It worked for me.
(05/11/2008)

By nicegirl

Removing Burnt Mark On Bottom Of Pan

Barkeeper's Friend. My Savemart grocery carries it. I've seen it @ Bed Bath and Beyond and Walmart occasionally.

It is the best cleaning product I swear by it!

Jennifer CA

www.barkeepersfriend.com (05/14/2008)

By jjager

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesOctober 18, 2010
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
frying pan birdbath
Making a Birdbath from a Frying Pan
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
hot pan
Removing Melted Fabric from Cookware
🎉
🎄