Dangers of Mixing Steroids - Categories:

AdviceHealth & Beauty

Dangers of Mixing Steroids

When you combine steroids by accident, like my husband did, they can cause cataracts. When he hurt his neck, he went to pain management for steroid shots in the neck. Then, later when he had a bad allergy infection he was given flonase for his sinus, it is a steroid spray. Now he has cataracts. It is not that flonase is bad, but the combination of it and the pain shots caused it. Please be careful about not combining certain meds like these nose sprays and other sorts of steroids.

By Racer

Someone gave you incorrect information. I've got Asthma - I use steroids all the time. I take Flonase regularly for allergies, I use Advair, and when I'm having trouble I get prednisone by IV, then Pills. I've also had Cortisone injections for a bad knee. If your doctor told you the cataracts are from steroids, I'd check with another doctor.

Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 19, 2005
Cat playing With Elastic Cat Toy
Dangers of Elastic Cat Toys
Milk Pouring into Mixing Bowl
Mixing Bowl Tips and Tricks
Powdered Tempera Paint
Mixing Powdered Tempera Paint
Household Cleaners
Dangers of Mixing Household Cleaners
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 10:39:48 AM on 10.0.1.157 in 815 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.