Removing Permanent Marker

I need to get permanent marker out of multi-colored comforter. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

By atjojo from OH

I remove permanent marker and ball point pen ink from leather and other things with hair spray. Spray, let set a second and blot repeatedly until it all is gone. I blot with a white paper towel, so far it works when other things I used to try failed.

This may sound a little nutty. First buy a small bottle shampoo for Oily Hair. I've found that of all brands, Head and Shoulders still makes a shampoo for oily hair, yes a dandruff shampoo. The base ingredient in almost all permanent markers is oil.

Regular Plain Old Vegetable oil will remove permanent marker from any surface, including=lamp shades, antique embroidered chairs, sweat shirts, t-shirts, curtains, pretty much any fabric in my home has had permanent marker on it, when my daughter was between 3 years and 7 years. She was always sorry and it truly wasn't on purpose-well except maybe the lamp shade-she was trying to make it prettier, but all it did was make my hair stand on end, as that shade was in perfect shape, it is silk, and was my grandmother's. Arghh.

I prefer the least yellow oil that I can find. Using just a paper towel, or soft cloth (swiffer cloths work well) Then I set in to scrubbing the area with the smallest amount of oil at a time until all the marker is gone. If it's on clothing, you can just wash the clothing in your washer normally after hand scrubbing the area with the shampoo for oily hair.

With furniture, a very thin mixture of Dawn dish washing liquid & water, mixed with a bit of rubbing alcohol will pull the oily mixture right out of that piece of furniture. Trust me, I must have done this over a thousand times since having my baby-now 21 yrs, and just on Monday, she got a sharpie marker in her khaki work pants, her favorite pair.

Good luck!

Tip of a Sharpie marker at the end of a squiggly line on white background.
Removing Permanent Marker
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsDecember 29, 2010
3 Sharpie Markers with a pen line.
Removing Sharpie on Kitchen Counters
A colorful wooden dresser.
Removing Permanent Marker from Wood Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
Man wiping car exterior with a cloth
Removing Permanent Marker from a Car
🎉
🎄