Problems With Verizon's Internet Service

I have had DSL from Verizon for almost a year and have had nothing but trouble, trouble, trouble with it. I have chosen not to cancel it yet because if I do before my year subscription is up I get zapped a penalty. I would like to know if anyone else has had problems with verizon. I end up calling verizon on an average of twice a week with so many problems. A lot of them have to do with e-mails, for example, sometimes I can't send e-mails to any one with an address of hotmail or aol. Sometimes it takes forever to download things. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. In our area the only other option I have is to go with Comcast, which I hear is terrific but quite expensive. May I please hear from anyone that has verizon, especially in the Northshore area of Massachusetts.

Thank you kindly.

Joesgirl from Beverly, MA

I do not have Verizon DSL but I have verizon. Their e-mails are not good. I have called and they say it is fixed and it goes right back to trouble. I can sent to other e-mails like AOl or etc but I have to use Verizon e-mail to send anything out. Then the url is not highlighted half the time. I had MSN and it was more expensive but worth it.

When I had AOL, I had nothing but trouble. Realizing I was going to switch to DSL in a couple of months when it came to my neighborhood, I decided to use gmail and get a head start on it.

That way, I'd have a couple of months in which to contact everyone who needed my new email addy.

Gmail is free.

Trying using it.

You need to have an invite. Send me (cookwie at gmail dot com) your email and I'll send you the invite. Please remind me you are from thriftyfun.

Your email will have advertising based on the content of the emails. So it's not exactly private. But it's not public, either. Although my son told me not to put anything in an email that I wouldn't want known as once they are in the internet they are there forever!

I have Verizon DSL and it's awful. It keeps knocking me off the internet if it even lets me on in the first place. I am sick of it. I don't want to pay the penalty either but cable is offering a deal for internet, cable and phone for $33.00 each which I am considering. Good luck whatever you decide.

I have AOL and I just wanted to also let everyone know about what they did to me! They automatically signed me up for "call alert". I called and told them to cancel it and they actually accused me of signing up and forgetting about it! Then I went through about 10 minutes of conversation and they finally cancelled it. DO NOT GET AOL!! Please, save your money!!!!!!!!

I have GTCom Dialup in Northwest Florida . For the past 3 years the price has gone up & the speed has gone down. They say it's the Phone Companies fault [Sprint,now Embarq]& of course the phone company says it's not their fault . I find myself wondering why I have a 56k Modem when the speed rarely goes above 28. I fall asleep waiting for an email to open .

Sometimes I play solitaire while they are opening which at least stops me from eating .It is a vicious circle for sure .

I had Verizon DSL...

- From 9/05 to 6/06 approx i had nothing but problems... V cancelled my account 4 times with no notice to me and i paid automatically!

- The speed dropped to dialup speed with no notice to me but charged the same!

- Then, add to it the manager said they have stopped accepting auto payment with check cards cause some lady overdrew her account...

- V took my VISA card credit from my DSL account and applied it to the phone account that i do not pay for nor is my name on it! I am still tracking that payment down to this day!

Oh, DO NOT download Verizon's Yahoo unless you have a PC... It uses way too much space for any laptop... They never tell you that one!!!!!

Remember: They install files that will delete files in your computer.... (because they are similar, per techs)

Note: DOCUMENT everything! It pays later...

Local Consumer Affair offices can help you or direct you for help...

Try the Federal Trade Comission ...

The FCC office handles cell phone disputes...

I had a Verizon Internet connection for one year. It was working properly but Problem starts when we moved on 1st April. I filed a request on 28th March. I got a date about start Internet services 10th April. I called them on 11th April. They replied that there is no connection on this number and we don't have any kind of request pending on this number. I again talked with Verizon Supervisor (Icy), He gave a date to starting services 12th April. I called again on 12th April in evening, They said there is no problem at your line but after he figured it out that there is a problem in system address. He assured me to start line on 14th April. I am calling them and got another date 16th April.

Verizon internet not working right!

My internet just keeps turning off. If there is a rainstorm or dark clouds, or T-Storms it dosn't work at all. Today it was sunny and it just continually shut down over and over. Does anyone have this problem or know whats wrong?

Consumer AdviceJune 29, 2006
Canceling Cable and Phone Service
Advice on Canceling Cable and Phone Service
Internet Service Provider
Internet Service Provider Reviews
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens