Homemade Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers

I buy Keebler chocolate covered graham cracker cookies to have on hand for a "pick me up" treat. One afternoon, I was desperate for chocolate and alas one of my grandchildren had finished the chocolate covered graham cookies, so I was on the search for chocolate.

I found some semi sweet chocolate chips in the refrigerator. I measured out a 1/4 cup of the semi sweet chocolate chips, put them in a microwave safe glass bowl, covered them with a paper towel and microwaved them for 30 seconds, just until melted. While they were microwaving, I got out some graham crackers. I then spread them with the warm melted semi sweet chocolate chips. While putting away the graham crackers and putting the glass dish in the dishwasher, the chocolate had a chance to set and they were ready to eat!

They were so good and far better for me. The semi sweet chocolate is much better for you over the milk chocolate on the Keebler grahams, plus I was not eating as much chocolate, because I was only spreading the melted chocolate on the top of the graham cracker. I probably will not be buying the packaged cookies again. These will be fun to make with my grandchildren, too. In fact, I am headed to the kitchen to make some now!

By Bobbie from Rockwall

My mom also used leftover chocolate cake frosting. Boy that brings back some very sweet memories.

yum these sound good

These sound really good, will have to try. Thanks for sharing.

I found a similar treat. Put miniature marshmallows on the graham crackers and pour the chocolate over the top of the cracker and marshmallows. Tastes like a s'more!

Sound great, thanks.

A stack of graham crackers.
Making Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat CookiesJuly 2, 2008
cheesecake with graham cracker crust
Dessert Ideas With a Graham Cracker Crust
Graham Cracker Crust
Diabetic Graham Cracker Crust Recipes
Graham cracker on a red background.
Homemade Graham Cracker Recipes
Graham Crackers
Graham Cracker Cookie Recipes
🎉
🎄