Making Tiny Graham Cracker Houses
I was looking for an inexpensive, fun craft to do with the kids at my daughter's birthday party. We came up with the idea to make little graham cracker houses that everyone could decorate with candy and frosting at the party.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 house
- 3 graham cracker sheets
- 1 batch royal icing (see recipe below)
- 1 sandwich bag
- gummy bears, Sour Patch Kids, etc.
- Dots, Lemonheads, etc.
- Nerds, sprinkles, etc.
- You need 2 full graham crackers and a half graham cracker.
- Prepare you royal icing according to the recipe below. Put the icing into a sandwich bag and snip the corner off with a pair of scissors.
- Run a line of icing along two sides, opposite each other.
- Next, run a line of icing along the short edge of one of the full graham cracker sheets.
- Then press the two full graham cracker sheets into the icing and tilt them in so that they rest against each other at the top (like a playing card house). Then run a thicker line of icing on the inside seams and along the top where the crackers meet. This will help your house stay together.
- If you are having multiple people (kids) decorating houses, put icing into multiple baggies so that they can be shared. Have everyone attach their favorite candies with the icing and ENJOY!
Here is the link for making Royal Icing.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.