Painting Kitchen Counter Tiles

Can you paint over existing ceramic tiles, one that is already painted by the manufactures. There is nothing wrong with backsplash in the kitchen, the tiles that are painted don't match the colour scheme. I would like to know if I could paint over them? The design, is to try to make it brighter.

By cdnoldgirl from Ottawa, ON Canada

Here is a discussion, to paint or not to paint ceramic tile countertops. There does seem to be a difference of opinion.

They sell a primer to paint the tiles so you can paint them and seal them to suit what ever your kitchen decor is.

May 11, 2009 Flag

Has anyone ever had luck with painting over kitchen counter tiles. I have the white and want a marble or granite look. I thought about sanding and priming and then painting with a faux finish.

Pat from Mansfield, MO

Painting Kitchen Counter Tiles

I know of a couple who manages an apartment complex that is rather out of date. They hired a company to spray their tiles, relatively cheap. You could call a company that does this and ask what they do to see if you could recreate it, or inquire about the price. (07/27/2007)

By Drea

Painting Ceramic Tile
Painting Ceramic Tile
Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenMay 11, 2009
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
Counter Top Dishwasher
Buying a Counter Top Dishwasher