Brown Discoloration on a White Oven

I have a white porcelain stove, on the top ledge on the outside of the door it has gotten a brown stain on it. Any suggestions on how I can get it off? I have tried everything.

By Sherry from Greensburg, PA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have the same problem. The top of the oven is a plastic. Wish I knew the answer, too!

March 8, 2010 Flag

I have a white electric range with a self cleaning oven. When I cleaned the oven it left a brown discoloration on the top of the oven door. Any ideas how I can make the area white again? Fantastic spray cleaner did not work.

Mary from Washington, MO

Answers:

Brown Discoloration on a White Oven

I scrubbed with everything imaginable on my stove; then one day I was wiping down my whole kitchen with Murphy's Oil Soap, wiped over the yellow-brown stained venting for the oven at the back of my stove burners, and to my amazement the entire stain just wiped away.

Hope it works for you, too.
(10/23/2006)

By slw1299

Brown Discoloration on a White Oven

Boy, I am going to try that as well (the oil soap).

The same thing happened to me, I used everything. The only thing I had a little success with was the ceramic top cleaner that I use for my smooth top.

I called the company and complained to them about it, as the same thing happened to my neighbor, who has the same stove. The company was no help and had no explanation, which I feel was crummy, as I thought those things should be tested for crying out loud. Especially, something that routine. But there you go, they got your money, they don't care. (10/25/2006)

By fauxpaslover

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Kitchen Oven
Cleaning Heat Stains on Kitchen Stoves
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMarch 8, 2010
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
Large Scar
Reducing Scar Discoloration
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 10:21:51 AM on 10.0.0.150 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.