Longer Lasting Razors

The cost of getting blades for my husband's razor was getting exorbitant until I remembered a tip I read somewhere :) After each use, store the razor head upside down in about 1/2 inch of alcohol, just enough to cover the razor edge thoroughly. For whatever chemical reason, it keeps the blade from getting dull quickly. We used to buy 20 blades at a time, and he would go through them in 8-10 weeks! Ouch! When he started using the alcohol, he has made those same 20 in a pack last a year or more. And, he has to be careful because his skin is so sensitive! It has been amazing! Try it!

Jo Ann

(b)Editor's Note:(/b) Read feedback. Don't use this on razors with comfort strips.

Would this work for the disposable razors, the kind that last for 4 or 5 shaves?

It seems to work for all types of razor blades. It might even work on the blades for electric razors but you need to take them out of the razor before soaking.

- Susan from ThriftyFun

We'll have to try this! My husband is in the military and has to shave every day, it's required. And the blades cost something in the nieghboorhood of $14 for a 8 pack! It's robbery. We'll give this a go and I truly appreciate the tip.

Someone wrote a tip about putting razor blades in alcohol to keep them sharp. I thought, what a good idea, so decided I would try it on my razor. My razor is a Venus. I just took the head off an put it back in the tray it came in, poured the alcohol over the razor head. When i got it out the next time to use it, the alcohol had dried up and there was a gummy film in the bottom where the comfort strips had melted. Gross. So don't do it on razors with comfort strips. Bad news. It was a new blad and I had to throw it out. So beware, girls! Linda from PA

I have been soaking my mach 3 turbo for about four weeks now. It still shaves like new. I may try the mach 3 power. If i can get the blades to last this long it will be worth it. The price of blades is insane, they really have by the short hairs. Now we can at least survive the ever increasing prices.

Young Man Shaving
Saving Money on Shaving
Health & Beauty BeautyJuly 14, 2004
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
disposable razor
Uses for Disposable Razors
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers
Shave For $10 Per Year
Saving Money Using Double Edge Safety Razors