Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Determining the Value of Old Reel Mowers

Vintage reel lawn mowers sometimes have a value to collectors. This is a guide about determining the value of old reel mowers.

March 13, 2017 Flag

I have a Helix Pennsylvania mower, model number 4018d. How old would it be? Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go on www.mowpart.com. If you can't find your lawn mower, contact them.

February 26, 2017 Flag

I have come across a PQ antique reel lawnmower. I am trying to determine the year and value of it. Any suggestions?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It's quite hard to see the name or year of this without additional markings, but in general on ebay we see these go for $50 to $100. http://www.ebay  ry-/300921782153

worth more if it actually cuts, because getitng these sharpened is a pain

I have a very rare, all original mower from the Pastime Lawn Mower Co. Detroit, MI? 1890's 14" cut double rotary lawn mower with gearbox/drive shaft and rare cast Pastime letter wheels. It is in working condition. There is no damage seen and the handle is good and original. I've owned this for 40 years. It is the only one I have ever seen. Any idea of the value anyone?

www.oldlawnmowerclub.co is a British website that may be able to help you.

January 23, 2017 Flag

How much would one of these, circa 1938, be worth? It is running.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

from what I have seen on line 200 to 300.. of cours nothing is of value unless you can find one to buy it :) and probably the part of the country... good luck

December 4, 2016 Flag

I have a Pennsylvania Penna lawn reel push mower. On the handle base it says PQ1616. What is it worth? It works, but there is no bag catcher.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There seems to be a lot of questions about older reel mowers but very information in answers or on line.

I got interested after seeing so many people wanting to know their value but - wow - almost no sites with true information.

I have continued to check your question hoping someone had found a site or had knowledge about this type of mower.

No such luck...

I did find a site with a photo and some info but it is probably not the same mower as yours.

Wish I could help..

http://www.ebay  d=p2047675.l2557

I found this old Winchester mower in a barn. It's marked with "W"s and Winchester Gun Works and such. Any value?

By Jerry C

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I need a wheel like this. Our home was built in 38 and we inherited it with this mower in our garage. I wonder if the silver paint is origional. Where can I find parts?

October 23, 2016 Flag

I have an old reel mower. The handle says: H.S.B. Co. Stand-By.
I am curious about the value?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

vintage reel mowers on ebay seem to be going anywhere from $40 to $125, depending on the condition. http://www.ebay  mower&_frs=1

If you're intrested in learning about the pedigree, you could find an antique shop nearby or lawnmower enthusiasts, such as those found here: http://americanlawnmower.com/

October 4, 2016 Flag

I have a vintage manually operated reel mower. It has five blades with a blade width of 16". On the handle shaft is engraved "The Rex Ball Bearing, genuine patented self adjusting ball bearings, manufactured by the Henley Lawn Mower Co., Richmond, IND USA".

I am having some trouble making out the numbers on the side plates.
One side says "Patent 2.005.502" (I think) and the other side says "Patent June, 18, 19?? (I am unable to determine the last two numbers without pulling the wheel, which I am very reluctant to do). It has five spoke cast iron rims covered with hard rubber tires.

I have attached some photos for you to view. It is still in good working order. Can anyone please provide some estimates of when it may have been manufactured and what it's value may be today?

Thanks and best regards.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the exact lawnmower or patent in question, but I am pretty certain that this company, since it has also been based in Richmond Indiana area may be related to this product. http://americanlawnmower.com

If I were you I would write them.

Aside from that, I see these antique things going anywhere from $80 to $120 on eBay and other places. They're actually still perfectly useful unless the blades are dull, and then it costs a sum to have the blades sharpened again.

November 16, 2016 Flag

I have an old American lawn mower. Does any one know anything about this?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I know I have one that looks identical to the one in the photo. Mine says Tru Test on the wood handle and on the casting it says Made in USA & Shelbyville, Ind. The tire design and casting look identical.

I no longer have use for mine, it belonged to my folks who probably bought it in the late 40s or early 50s.

August 27, 2016 Flag

I am settling an estate and found this mower packed up in the basement. I think it would work if it were cleaned and put back together.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

In my area, they are very common to find at auction, and usually go for under $40

August 10, 2015 Flag

I have a Blair Easy Lawn mower from Springfield, Massachusetts. It has three patent dates on the side Oct. 8, 1880, May 29. 1888, and Aug 26, 1890. Does anyone have any idea if it's worth anything?
Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

hi, i want to buy your mower, made in springfield

February 18, 2016 Flag

What is approximate value of a circa 1939 Eclipse push lawn mower? It is in good, usable shape. The tires were replaced years ago and the roller covering needs repair. Is there a market for these old fellows? Does anyone know of collectors of old lawn mowers in the USA? Am interested in finding a home for this still active old fella.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I should say there's a market, Billy! They cost next to nothing in terms of operations and maintenance, provide an excellent fitness activity, are environmentally friendly (glass clippings are actually good for our lawn) and can be used any time (i.e., no worries about noise pollution waking the neighbours early on a weekend morning).

June 22, 2016 Flag

Does anyone know the value of this old Ball Bearing push mower? My uncle's curiosity is making him crazy. Please and thank you very much. It was manufactured by F&N Lawnmower Company in Richmond Indiana.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It's worth whatever someone will pay for it and because there are so many of them around that likely won't be much. They are, however, a wonderful tool: very quiet and efficient, requiring no gas or electricity.

May 12, 2016 Flag

I been trying to research this, with no luck. It says "Lakeside deluxe roller bearings" (or bearins/bearine), my vision is bad. There is "951" on inside of wheel and "1914" by the back near roller. It has been in my gram mother's garage for a very long time, but not sure how long exactly. Any help would be nice.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It is a Wards Ball Bearing Lawn Mower.

October 21, 2015 Flag

I have a Royal Enfield Lawnmower, made in the UK 1932-1956. I don't know it's age. It is not running and has surface rust. My grandfather used to use it in the 1960s, but I think it has been in storage since then. Would anyone have an idea of its value?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I found this link.

Lawn Mowers - Royal Enfield Owners Club

http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/

Hope it helps !

September 26, 2016 Flag

I am looking for information on my Grass Queen reel mower, what year it was manufactured, and potential value for current collectors.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 25, 2016 Flag

I have had 4 old cylinder mowers in my shed (6yrs) and they aren't going. I want to sell them, but am unsure how much I would get. I'd rather it going to someone to restore, as I will not send them to the scrap yard. Can you let me know or provide advice?
I'm in the Newcastle area, NSW.
Cheers

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousApril 26, 2013
Grolier's Book of Knowledge
Finding the Value of Grolier's Book of Knowledge Encyclopedias
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
Reel Mower Blades
Sharpening a Reel Mower
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 27, 2017 at 12:05:57 AM on 10.0.2.190 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.