Determining the Value of Old Reel Mowers

Vintage reel lawn mowers sometimes have a value to collectors. This is a guide about determining the value of old reel mowers.

December 4, 2016 Flag

I have a Pennsylvania Penna lawn reel push mower. On the handle base it says PQ1616. What is it worth? It works, but there is no bag catcher.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There seems to be a lot of questions about older reel mowers but very information in answers or on line.

I got interested after seeing so many people wanting to know their value but - wow - almost no sites with true information.

I have continued to check your question hoping someone had found a site or had knowledge about this type of mower.

No such luck...

I did find a site with a photo and some info but it is probably not the same mower as yours.

Wish I could help..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PQ-Pennsylv ... amp;rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

March 18, 2016 Flag

I have a Craftsman reel mower with a 4 cycle engine, catch bag, and Blitz Fog Pest Control fogger. It is not currently running. Can anyone give me idea of value?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Engine plate? Would that be the Serial Number on the plate? That number on my Jacobsen's mower is 66D21 28712

Photo of Jacobsen mower

Read More Answers...

November 16, 2016 Flag

I have an old American lawn mower. Does any one know anything about this?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 20, 2014 Flag

I found this old Winchester mower in a barn. It's marked with "W"s and Winchester Gun Works and such. Any value?

By Jerry C

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I need a wheel like this. Our home was built in 38 and we inherited it with this mower in our garage. I wonder if the silver paint is origional. Where can I find parts?

To answer your question it's a edger to get close to the wall. Great tool

Read More Answers...

April 25, 2013 Flag

I have a Sear's Craftsman 18 inch reel self propelled mower in really good shape. It has a 3 hp cast iron motor, model 536816900. How can I find the age and value of this mower?

By Keith

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Any idea what this is picture. We have this and the blades are different than any other I've seen.

I wonder if it is a de-thatcher?

Read More Answers...

October 23, 2016 Flag

I have an old reel mower. The handle says: H.S.B. Co. Stand-By.
I am curious about the value?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 10, 2015 Flag

I have a Blair Easy Lawn mower from Springfield, Massachusetts. It has three patent dates on the side Oct. 8, 1880, May 29. 1888, and Aug 26, 1890. Does anyone have any idea if it's worth anything?
Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

hi, i want to buy your mower, made in springfield

I have a mower the. Same as above.

Read More Answers...

June 22, 2016 Flag

Does anyone know the value of this old Ball Bearing push mower? My uncle's curiosity is making him crazy. Please and thank you very much. It was manufactured by F&N Lawnmower Company in Richmond Indiana.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It's worth whatever someone will pay for it and because there are so many of them around that likely won't be much. They are, however, a wonderful tool: very quiet and efficient, requiring no gas or electricity.

February 18, 2016 Flag

What is approximate value of a circa 1939 Eclipse push lawn mower? It is in good, usable shape. The tires were replaced years ago and the roller covering needs repair. Is there a market for these old fellows? Does anyone know of collectors of old lawn mowers in the USA? Am interested in finding a home for this still active old fella.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I should say there's a market, Billy! They cost next to nothing in terms of operations and maintenance, provide an excellent fitness activity, are environmentally friendly (glass clippings are actually good for our lawn) and can be used any time (i.e., no worries about noise pollution waking the neighbours early on a weekend morning).

I have one too. Works great. Apparently, has height adjustment based on the height of the roller, which has bolts for setting heights (2 positions.) I was just mowing with it. Works great! In excellent shape, from handle grips to blades to roller to wheels. Should I sharpen blades? I'd have to use a grinder to do so. I live in Midwest and would be interested in selling, though my son wants to keep it. It was "green" before it was fashionable!

Read More Answers...

October 4, 2016 Flag

I have a vintage manually operated reel mower. It has five blades with a blade width of 16". On the handle shaft is engraved "The Rex Ball Bearing, genuine patented self adjusting ball bearings, manufactured by the Henley Lawn Mower Co., Richmond, IND USA".

I am having some trouble making out the numbers on the side plates.
One side says "Patent 2.005.502" (I think) and the other side says "Patent June, 18, 19?? (I am unable to determine the last two numbers without pulling the wheel, which I am very reluctant to do). It has five spoke cast iron rims covered with hard rubber tires.

I have attached some photos for you to view. It is still in good working order. Can anyone please provide some estimates of when it may have been manufactured and what it's value may be today?

Thanks and best regards.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 12, 2016 Flag

I been trying to research this, with no luck. It says "Lakeside deluxe roller bearings" (or bearins/bearine), my vision is bad. There is "951" on inside of wheel and "1914" by the back near roller. It has been in my gram mother's garage for a very long time, but not sure how long exactly. Any help would be nice.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It is a Wards Ball Bearing Lawn Mower.

September 26, 2016 Flag

I am looking for information on my Grass Queen reel mower, what year it was manufactured, and potential value for current collectors.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 21, 2015 Flag

I have a Royal Enfield Lawnmower, made in the UK 1932-1956. I don't know it's age. It is not running and has surface rust. My grandfather used to use it in the 1960s, but I think it has been in storage since then. Would anyone have an idea of its value?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I found this link.

Lawn Mowers - Royal Enfield Owners Club

http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/

Hope it helps !

According to this site it's $100

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sams ... al-enfield-reel-lawnmower/1093501548

Read More Answers...
Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousApril 26, 2013
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
Reel Mower Blades
Sharpening a Reel Mower
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
🎉
🎄