Determining the Value of Old Reel Mowers

Category Miscellaneous
Vintage reel lawn mowers sometimes have a value to collectors. This is a guide about determining the value of old reel mowers.

Can anyone shed light about this mower?

You may be able to get some information from this site:

https://www.smo … display.php?f=18

What is the value of a 1954 Homko remote controlled reel mower?
Thank you.

Do a check on mowpartsusa.com

I have a Special. No.55 Ballbearing reel mower. I am trying to determine the value and maker's identification?

Mowparts.com has the prices for old and new mowers.

I have a Helix Pennsylvania mower, model number 4018d. How old would it be? Thanks.

Go on www.mowpart.com. If you can't find your lawn mower, contact them.

How much would one of these, circa 1938, be worth? It is running.

from what I have seen on line 200 to 300.. of cours nothing is of value unless you can find one to buy it :) and probably the part of the country... good luck

I have a very rare, all original mower from the Pastime Lawn Mower Co. Detroit, MI? 1890's 14" cut double rotary lawn mower with gearbox/drive shaft and rare cast Pastime letter wheels. It is in working condition. There is no damage seen and the handle is good and original. I've owned this for 40 years. It is the only one I have ever seen. Any idea of the value anyone?

www.oldlawnmowerclub.co is a British website that may be able to help you.

I have come across a PQ antique reel lawnmower. I am trying to determine the year and value of it. Any suggestions?

It's quite hard to see the name or year of this without additional markings, but in general on ebay we see these go for $50 to $100. http://www.ebay  ry-/300921782153

worth more if it actually cuts, because getitng these sharpened is a pain

I found this old Winchester mower in a barn. It's marked with "W"s and Winchester Gun Works and such. Any value?

By Jerry C

Answer Was this helpful? 1

To answer your question it's a edger to get close to the wall. Great tool

I have a Pennsylvania Penna lawn reel push mower. On the handle base it says PQ1616. What is it worth? It works, but there is no bag catcher.

There seems to be a lot of questions about older reel mowers but very information in answers or on line.

I got interested after seeing so many people wanting to know their value but - wow - almost no sites with true information.

I have continued to check your question hoping someone had found a site or had knowledge about this type of mower.

No such luck...

I did find a site with a photo and some info but it is probably not the same mower as yours.

Wish I could help..

http://www.ebay  d=p2047675.l2557

I have an old reel mower. The handle says: H.S.B. Co. Stand-By.
I am curious about the value?

vintage reel mowers on ebay seem to be going anywhere from $40 to $125, depending on the condition. http://www.ebay  mower&_frs=1

If you're intrested in learning about the pedigree, you could find an antique shop nearby or lawnmower enthusiasts, such as those found here: http://americanlawnmower.com/

I have a vintage manually operated reel mower. It has five blades with a blade width of 16". On the handle shaft is engraved "The Rex Ball Bearing, genuine patented self adjusting ball bearings, manufactured by the Henley Lawn Mower Co., Richmond, IND USA".

I am having some trouble making out the numbers on the side plates.
One side says "Patent 2.005.502" (I think) and the other side says "Patent June, 18, 19?? (I am unable to determine the last two numbers without pulling the wheel, which I am very reluctant to do). It has five spoke cast iron rims covered with hard rubber tires.

I have attached some photos for you to view. It is still in good working order. Can anyone please provide some estimates of when it may have been manufactured and what it's value may be today?

Thanks and best regards.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the exact lawnmower or patent in question, but I am pretty certain that this company, since it has also been based in Richmond Indiana area may be related to this product. http://americanlawnmower.com

If I were you I would write them.

Aside from that, I see these antique things going anywhere from $80 to $120 on eBay and other places. They're actually still perfectly useful unless the blades are dull, and then it costs a sum to have the blades sharpened again.

I am settling an estate and found this mower packed up in the basement. I think it would work if it were cleaned and put back together.

In my area, they are very common to find at auction, and usually go for under $40

I have an old American lawn mower. Does any one know anything about this?

I know I have one that looks identical to the one in the photo. Mine says Tru Test on the wood handle and on the casting it says Made in USA & Shelbyville, Ind. The tire design and casting look identical.

I no longer have use for mine, it belonged to my folks who probably bought it in the late 40s or early 50s.

I have a Blair Easy Lawn mower from Springfield, Massachusetts. It has three patent dates on the side Oct. 8, 1880, May 29. 1888, and Aug 26, 1890. Does anyone have any idea if it's worth anything?
Thanks.

hi, i want to buy your mower, made in springfield

What is approximate value of a circa 1939 Eclipse push lawn mower? It is in good, usable shape. The tires were replaced years ago and the roller covering needs repair. Is there a market for these old fellows? Does anyone know of collectors of old lawn mowers in the USA? Am interested in finding a home for this still active old fella.

I should say there's a market, Billy! They cost next to nothing in terms of operations and maintenance, provide an excellent fitness activity, are environmentally friendly (glass clippings are actually good for our lawn) and can be used any time (i.e., no worries about noise pollution waking the neighbours early on a weekend morning).

Does anyone know the value of this old Ball Bearing push mower? My uncle's curiosity is making him crazy. Please and thank you very much. It was manufactured by F&N Lawnmower Company in Richmond Indiana.

It's worth whatever someone will pay for it and because there are so many of them around that likely won't be much. They are, however, a wonderful tool: very quiet and efficient, requiring no gas or electricity.

Value Of Reel Mower

AnswerPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

I been trying to research this, with no luck. It says "Lakeside deluxe roller bearings". There is "951" on inside of wheel and "1914" by the back near roller. It has been in my gram mother's garage for a very long time, but not sure how long exactly.

Load More