Determining the Value of Old Reel Mowers

Category Miscellaneous
Old Reel Mower
Vintage reel lawn mowers sometimes have a value to collectors. This is a guide about determining the value of old reel mowers.

Vintage reel mowers are considered a collectible by some. Finding the value of one that you may have inherited or purchased at a yard sale may require a bit of research. This is a guide about finding the value of vintage Winchester reel push mowers.

view of inside of wheel

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I have a Special. No.55 Ballbearing reel mower. I am trying to determine the value and maker's identification?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Mowparts.com has the prices for old and new mowers.

How much would one of these, circa 1938, be worth? It is running.

The Old Lawn Mower Club, based in the United Kingdom, may be able to help you. Here is the link: http://www.oldl  h-my-mower-worth

You could also try going on eBay to see if you can find similar items.

We are so lazy in this day and age that I it would be worth anything to the average person. Although, if you could find a collector, it might have a considerable value. It is a link in the development of mowing equipment.

from what I have seen on line 200 to 300.. of cours nothing is of value unless you can find one to buy it :) and probably the part of the country... good luck

Your mower may be worth more than the usual reel mowers but, of course, getting what its worth may not be so easy.

Here is a site with info posted a year ago but it has a lot of very good suggestions on how/where to sell - if that is what you are wanting to do.

http://www.just  -reel-mower.html

I have a Blair Easy Lawn mower from Springfield, Massachusetts. It has three patent dates on the side Oct. 8, 1880, May 29. 1888, and Aug 26, 1890. Does anyone have any idea if it's worth anything?
Thanks.

It looks to me like it may be worth quite a bit. I'd keep an eye on ebay.

It looks like Reel mowers are selling.

I just found this on thrifty fun. Maybe someone here could help you or maybe even buy it from you if you're interested in selling it.

hi, i want to buy your mower, made in springfield

I have a mower the. Same as above.

My dad has an antique Great States push mower and we need to sell it. It has the cast iron body and blades and a wooden piece in the rear. It is in great shape and cuts grass well. The only other info I have is that the wheels say "B2R" and "B1L" on the right and left, respectively. I have seen quite a few on eBay for around a hundred dollars.

Thanks for any help.

Can anyone shed light about this mower?

What is the value of a 1954 Homko remote controlled reel mower?
Thank you.

I have a very rare, all original mower from the Pastime Lawn Mower Co. Detroit, MI? 1890's 14" cut double rotary lawn mower with gearbox/drive shaft and rare cast Pastime letter wheels. It is in working condition. There is no damage seen and the handle is good and original. I've owned this for 40 years. It is the only one I have ever seen. Any idea of the value anyone?

As you have found - there is almost no information available on this mower so that could be good - or - bad news as to the actual value (what someone might be willing to pay).

There are quite a few collectors of old (vintage) mowers but that means going to auctions that handle this type of machine. You may be able to Google for auctions near you (maybe even farm equipment auctions) but these are rare.

The only site I know of that may give you any information is located in the UK - but you can join their club (free) and send then info on your mower and they have a lot of members who like this type of thing and may be able to help you.

http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/

www.oldlawnmowerclub.co is a British website that may be able to help you.

What is the value and approximate age of my walk behind reel mower? It has approximately an 18" blade. Made in Racine Wisconsin? Ball bearing.

I am looking for any info to help identify this lawnmower I found in the wood in New Hampshire. I know it's worthless, but would be interested in seeing what it is and what one that's in good condition would be worth.
Thanks!

I have a Helix Pennsylvania mower, model number 4018d. How old would it be? Thanks.

I have come across a PQ antique reel lawnmower. I am trying to determine the year and value of it. Any suggestions?

I have a Pennsylvania Penna lawn reel push mower. On the handle base it says PQ1616. What is it worth? It works, but there is no bag catcher.

There seems to be a lot of questions about older reel mowers but very information in answers or on line.

I got interested after seeing so many people wanting to know their value but - wow - almost no sites with true information.

I have continued to check your question hoping someone had found a site or had knowledge about this type of mower.

No such luck...

I did find a site with a photo and some info but it is probably not the same mower as yours.

Wish I could help..

http://www.ebay  d=p2047675.l2557

What is the color of the morer

I have an old reel mower. The handle says: H.S.B. Co. Stand-By.
I am curious about the value?

vintage reel mowers on ebay seem to be going anywhere from $40 to $125, depending on the condition. http://www.ebay  mower&_frs=1

If you're intrested in learning about the pedigree, you could find an antique shop nearby or lawnmower enthusiasts, such as those found here: http://americanlawnmower.com/

I have a vintage manually operated reel mower. It has five blades with a blade width of 16". On the handle shaft is engraved "The Rex Ball Bearing, genuine patented self adjusting ball bearings, manufactured by the Henley Lawn Mower Co., Richmond, IND USA".

I am having some trouble making out the numbers on the side plates.
One side says "Patent 2.005.502" (I think) and the other side says "Patent June, 18, 19?? (I am unable to determine the last two numbers without pulling the wheel, which I am very reluctant to do). It has five spoke cast iron rims covered with hard rubber tires.

I have attached some photos for you to view. It is still in good working order. Can anyone please provide some estimates of when it may have been manufactured and what it's value may be today?

Thanks and best regards.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the exact lawnmower or patent in question, but I am pretty certain that this company, since it has also been based in Richmond Indiana area may be related to this product. http://americanlawnmower.com

If I were you I would write them.

Aside from that, I see these antique things going anywhere from $80 to $120 on eBay and other places. They're actually still perfectly useful unless the blades are dull, and then it costs a sum to have the blades sharpened again.

I am settling an estate and found this mower packed up in the basement. I think it would work if it were cleaned and put back together.

What is approximate value of a circa 1939 Eclipse push lawn mower? It is in good, usable shape. The tires were replaced years ago and the roller covering needs repair. Is there a market for these old fellows? Does anyone know of collectors of old lawn mowers in the USA? Am interested in finding a home for this still active old fella.

I should say there's a market, Billy! They cost next to nothing in terms of operations and maintenance, provide an excellent fitness activity, are environmentally friendly (glass clippings are actually good for our lawn) and can be used any time (i.e., no worries about noise pollution waking the neighbours early on a weekend morning).

I have a Royal Enfield Lawnmower, made in the UK 1932-1956. I don't know it's age. It is not running and has surface rust. My grandfather used to use it in the 1960s, but I think it has been in storage since then. Would anyone have an idea of its value?

I found this link.

Lawn Mowers - Royal Enfield Owners Club

http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/

Hope it helps !

I received this Penn. ball bearing reel edger/mini push mower as a donation. It looks brand spanking new, but I can't find anything about them being in production. I need to price it for a home improvement-themed charity auction. Any feedback? I also need to know how to use it - for demo purposes and some history would be nice for auctioneer!

Go onto EBAY and in the top right corner click on Advanced. You can put in the make and model of your item and it will tell you what people are buying it for... good luck!

I have a very old antique reel push mower. It says on the cast iron "Penna Lawn Ball Bearing" on the outside of rim, and on inside it says "P.L.M Div. Camden N J" and on top of it at handle it says "PQ". I can take a picture and send it if someone has some information about what its worth.

By ltsa12 from Chatsworth, GA

Things of this sort are worth what someone will pay for it at any given time. Search on Google and eBay and Craigslist for similar mowers to see what they are going for now.

Thrifty Fun has a guide about it too: http://www.thri  1944645.tip.html

If it is anything like the newer model that I have, I doubt very much since even the smallest of sticks cause it to jam up. Heaven help if you have an oak or walnut tree overhead - though I wouldn't give up my trees for anything but using a reel mower under them is a real reel pain. Good luck.

What is the value of a Dalglish reel mower? It still cuts grass fine. There is some wear on the wooden roller. It has a metal handle, rubber wheels, with red hub, with raised lettering saying, Dalglish Engineered Products, St. Paul, Minnesota.

By Joe

I saw a Remington in eBay that had been bid up to $63. The seller was offering free shipping which is probably what attracted the bids. Mowers with higher prices had no bids.

You can also check your local www.craigslist.com and see what people are asking for reel mowers.

I just got a reel type Philadelphia Lawn Trimmer. It has on the handle, 1912 cast in, as well as, Philadelphia. This is not a full width but a narrow trimmer, with one drive wheel and one small wheel on the other side. This is the first one I have seen of this type. Is it collectable and of value?

By Tom B. from Lake Zurich, IL

I have the opportunity to purchase same working in mint shape for $45.00.

Don't know if it is worth $45.00.

I have one of these trimmers exactly as you describe and it still works. It has a steel tube handle and one wheel on the right side.

I have an old American lawn mower. Does any one know anything about this?

Does anyone know the value of this old Ball Bearing push mower? My uncle's curiosity is making him crazy. It was manufactured by F&N Lawnmower Company in Richmond Indiana.

Load More