Recipes for "Canned" Cream Soups

I need a recipe for "canned" creamed soups. I have to eat gluten free and no MSG. Thanks.

Cookie from Splendora, TX

I found these recipes already posted on thriftyfun

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf31678626.tip.html

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf600368.tip.html

I have a really simple recipe that my husband loves.

Take 1 lbs. ground beef and brown. Drain fat.

Add one large can of cream of mushroom soup and heat through.

Add salt, pepper, garlic POWDER, onion POWDER to taste. Sorry, but I don't measure.

He loves it. When I use ground turkey, I call it 'turkey surprise'.

It's so simple and I really hope you try it and like it.

I'm a vegetarian so I can't speak for this recipe, though!

This recipe comes from the Iowa State University Extension office. It is a dry cream soup mix and makes the equivalent of 7 cans of soup. Mix together

2c nonfat dry milk powder

3/4 c cornstarch

1/4 c dry chicken bouillon

2 T dried minced onion flakes

1 stp dried thyme leaves

1 tsp dried basil leaves

1/2 tsp ground pepper

Mix all ingredients and store in a container with a tight fitting lid. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Stir or shake well before each use.

To use as a substitute for one can condensed soup, mix 1/3c dry mix with 1-1/4 cups water. cook and stir with whisk until thickened.

This has far fewer calories than the canned variety, and if you use low sodium bouillon it is even healthier!

Here's an easy, nutritious and fairly cheap chowder recipe that I make on Fridays when we eat fish. Boil 2 or 3 med size potatoes, drain and mash.

Add 1 can Campbell's cream of asparagus, celery or broccoli soup, 1 can of milk, 1 tbsp butter and 1 can of crabmeat or tuna including the water it was canned in. Add salt and pepper to your own taste and preference.

Simmer 5 or 6 minutes and you're done. A hearty side salad goes well with this, especially one made with tomatoes, finely chopped onion, fresh parsley and a bit of chopped anchovies. If you try this and like it, it would be fun if you let me know.

cans of soup
Substitutes for Canned Cream Soups
Food and Recipes Recipes SoupsNovember 19, 2008
Jar of hand cream with flowers and woman's hands applying cream in the background.
Homemade Hand Cream Recipes
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
🎄