Inexpensive Denture Soak

Instead of using those pricey denture tabs, soak your retainers in hydrogen peroxide like you would buy in the first aid aisle. I use this all the time and I never have a build up like I did with the denture tabs. I make a 32 oz. bottle last about three months and costs $1.50.

By Christine from Three Rivers, MI

Straight peroxide or do you dilute it?

Hydrogen peroxide can be found at dollar stores, too.

Please tell me how to dilute it.

Editor's Note I believe you use it full strength.

Is there a length of time to leave the dentures in?

Sorry all for not responding sooner. Yes, I do use the peroxide straight. I use it for soaking my orthodontic retainer. It sits in the solution 16 or more hours a day.

Hydrogen Peroxide is great for whitening, too! I know of pals, that use it instead of pricey mouthwash. It helps the gums, too, from gingivitis & dental disease. Not full of colors that some researchers say cause cancer, like most mouthwashes do.

I use this as my cleaning staple. It's natural, it's cheap and it works! I use it for a mouthwash and denture cleanser. I use this for mouth care, also for swabbing my face with a soaked cotton ball after washing with a natural soap. It takes care of blackheads and any bacteria from the day. I also use this at night to clean my drains and they are disinfected and clean. I use this as my cleaning product to clean my: sinks, windows, all glass (no streaking), cleaning the toilet and all ceramics. I use It to wash my flooring and in my laundry. I keep these people in business. I buy 5 & 6 Big bottles at a time once a week. I do alot of cleaning. Happy safe Cleaning.

Denture Cleaner
Denture Cleaner Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceApril 10, 2006
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
A denture tablet submerged in water.
Storing Denture Tablets
Cooking a Turkey
Brining a Turkey
Denture Tablet
Cleaning Uses for Denture Tablets