Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Lime Deposits

To remove lime deposit, heat white vinegar to boiling point, then pour over fixtures. This will release or remove lime deposits.

By duckie-do from Cortez,

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Jean02/10/2011

I tried this immediately after reading, I have a problem with lime deposits in my tubs and sinks. Worked like a charm! vinegar is cheaper than cleaners and not toxic or bad for the environment. Thanks for the great idea.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Lime Deposits from Steam Iron

I'm looking for a method to clean lime deposits from inside a steam iron. Thanks, 4sam

RE: Removing Lime Deposits from Steam Iron

This is what I do with my iron: Pour vinegar into the iron and turn it up high to steam, let it sit on high until the vinegar has steamed out. Then you will have to repeat the process with water. (08/23/2004)

By Ann