Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Removing Lime Deposits

2EmailPrintFollowSave

To remove lime deposit, heat white vinegar to boiling point, then pour over fixtures. This will release or remove lime deposits.

By duckie-do from Cortez,

By

By Jean 12 02/10/2011 Flag

I tried this immediately after reading, I have a problem with lime deposits in my tubs and sinks. Worked like a charm! vinegar is cheaper than cleaners and not toxic or bad for the environment. Thanks for the great idea.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Post a Comment

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Removing Lime Deposits from Steam Iron

I'm looking for a method to clean lime deposits from inside a steam iron. Thanks, 4sam

Feedback:

RE: Removing Lime Deposits from Steam Iron

This is what I do with my iron: Pour vinegar into the iron and turn it up high to steam, let it sit on high until the vinegar has steamed out. Then you will have to repeat the process with water. (08/23/2004)

By Ann