Lemon Cookies

I want to make lemon cookies using a cake mix. All I have are white and yellow mixes. How do I make the ingredient changes?

By Sue from Hiouchi, CA

I wonder if you could add a lemon pudding to the white cake mix?

You might try adding some lemon flavoring, like maybe a tablespoon. Or add a tsp. of flavoring and grate some lemon rind in the cake. I usually keep the dried rind in my spices. If you don't have any of those ingredients, I don't think there is much you can do.

I have seen recipes online to make cookies from cake mixes. I don't know if it was on the cake mix sites or on different recipe sites. I have always thought it was kind of a neat idea.

I agree with adding lemon juice and/or lemon extract plus grated lemon rind. I would also add it to the icing. For the cake mix cookies here's the recipe. 1 box cake mix, any flavor. 1 stick butter/margerine and 2 eggs. Batter will be thick. Beat all the ingriedents together in a large bowl. Drop the cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet by the teaspoon full (I use a cookie scoop) and bake for 8-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. You can add any ingredients you like. My favorite is to take orange cake mix and add 1 cup of white chocolate chips and just follow the directions above. These are quick, easy and delicious.

Lemon Cookies
Lemon Cookie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CookiesJanuary 4, 2010
lemon cookies
Lemon Drop Cookies Recipes
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh
🎄