Lime Away Stained Faucets

I used Lime Away because it was on sale instead of the usual. It stained all of the polished faucets in my house black-purple. My stainless steel kitchen sink is now black too. Please help.

By HUDSON121 from TX

Is it kinda a metallic color blue-black? Try a paste of cream of tarter and water and see if that works. If you noticed color coming off on the rag or whatever you were using then it removed the finish. Good luck.

Thanks I will try it.

Lime away is an acid & it turns steel black. Use something like barkeeper's friend or bon-ami & a non abrasive scrubber cloth. It will return it to the original finish. Acid works for aluminum, but not for steel. I have had this happen to me, also.

When I was house cleaning on the side for extra income I had the same experience. I can't remember the cure but we called the 800 # on the lime away bottle, they have an solution. Ours turned purple.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceMay 13, 2009
Slice of Key Lime Pie on Blue Plate with Fork
Key Lime Pie Recipes
Using Lime Leaves
Using Lime Leaves
Plumber fixing a leaky faucet.
Fixing Leaky Faucets
A clean bathroom faucet.
Cleaning Bathroom Fixtures