Sage Leaves Turning Yellow

My sage plant looks fine and is growing nicely but older leaves turn kind of yellow. Is this "normal"? Can these leaves be dried and used for tea?

Thanks!
Ya'ara

Mellow Yellow,

Hey I am not sure about the yellow leaves, but I thought I would let you know to be careful about Sage Tea. Sage causes your body to not sweat. Great if you are having night sweats or hot flashes or any sweating too much problems. However if you work out or are going to spend time in the heat or sun it is imparative that you be able to sweat as it is your bodies cooling system. So, bottom line is: go easy on the Sage tea and look out for this problem if you drink it--get hot--and notice you are not sweating. Then you must cool yourself down immediately!

Best,

Felicia

I'm doing some research about black and white sage right now for an ecology paper. I'm not sure what causes it yet, but I did a chlorophyll test on black sage from 2 different locations one had no yellowing of the leaves and the other did. The plants that had yellowing had a lower chlorophyll measurement, it may or may not effect the quality of the tea being made. Just thought I would throw that in there. Much Love. -Crystal