Freezing Zucchini Bread

By Lewissan 40 230

Can you freeze zucchini bread?

By Lewis from Port Orchard

Showing: Answers Sort

By BrendaSue 21 Flag

Yes, absolutely! This is one of the best ways to use zucchini for the winter months or until the next zucchini season. I do what Mrs. Story's mom does: bake it, cool it, wrap in foil and pop into a large ziplock baggie or if you have one, use your vacuum food-sealer. It's wonderful to thaw out a loaf in the middle of winter for a quick, ready-made treat or as a gift for someone. :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By The Aunt 12 30 Flag

Before freezing the zucchini bread, I use an electric knife to slice the bread. That way it is ready to serve almost immediately out of the freezer. I don't have a vacuum food sealer, so after placing the wrapped bread inside a plastic bag, I remove as much air as possible and then close the ziploc bag except for a small opening where I stick in a drinking straw. I do my own vacuum sealing by sucking air through the straw and when the bag is tight around the bread I pull the straw out while sealing the bag.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lisa 2 131 Flag

Absolutely! My mom used to make lots of zucchini bread and froze it often.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lisa 2 656 Flag

I agree with lah34a. My mom makes zucchini bread and freezes it. She wraps it tightly in foil and then puts it into a freezer ziplock bag.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Luz 9 Flag

Yes, you can freeze zucchini bread I usually do that. Banana bread can freeze it too.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Phyllis 1 10 Flag

I also freeze zucchini bread. I make chocolate zucch ("zook" as we fondly call it) bread with chocolate chips too. I wrap it in wax paper (keeps it soft), then foil.

My daughter lives alone, so when I make it for her, I cut the loaves in half, wrap each half in wax paper, and foil, and put in big ziplock. Then she can take out a half at a time, and keep the other half frozen. Phyllis

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Virginia 13 115 Flag

I like to can it since I have a small freezer. To can zuke or nanner bread {or any other fruit bread, strawberry, orange or tangerine tea bread} just get jars that are wider at the top than the bottom, spray the inside with pam or grease it well, then fill just under 1/2 full with batter and bake on a baking sheet {helps keep the jars from falling between the oven grates & tilting} then bake, about 10 minutes short of the full time for a loaf pan size and remove from oven, place on a towel to keep jars from cracking if suddenly placed on a cold counter} wipe tops with clean dry cloth and put on the 2 piece canning lids, tada! {you must seal them while they are still scalding hot and then listen for the "POP" that means they have sealed as they cooled off}

They will keep 2 years easily and are great for shut ins or anyone alone, they just pop the lid and slice, easy to toast and smells wonderful while it's in the toaster!

If you give these as gifts also add a plastic lid {available with the canning supplies} so if the person doesn't eat it all they can use the plastic instead of metal lid while the leftovers are in the fridge, no more rusted jars or lids!

Add a jar or 2 of home made jam or jelly {use the 4 oz jars for single peep, they will get eaten before getting moldy} and you will really make someone's day as they bite into summer with the snow on the ground!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Previous
Food and Recipes Freezing Baked GoodsOctober 6, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Sliced banana bread on a cutting board.
Freezing Banana Bread
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 3:18:52 PM on 10.0.2.206 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings