Bleach Stains on White Countertop

I just ruined my white counter tops with Westley's bleach white! Nothing works, there are mustard yellow stains everywhere? Please help.

By HUDSON121 from Frisco, TX

I would try to clean it all with regular comet cleanser, Good luck!

You might try a cleaner like "Dawn Power Dissolver" or a cheaper alternative and just as effective is a product you can buy at Dollar General and it is called "Awesome". I paid $1 for it at my Dollar General. A jar of pickled beets got tipped in my frig and the juice stained the white plastic parts of my frig. It took it right off where other products did not.

Try something called "Bar keepers Friend". I have used it numerous times to get stains out of my white formica countertops, and it works great. You may have to make a "paste" with some water and let it set on the stain for a while, depending on how long the stain has been there. I have great success with this product, works well on sinks too. It is in the isle close to the Comet in your grocery store.

I freaked out when my I noticed the countertops in my brand-new apartment had turned a disgusting yellow. I could not figure out what it was. I used bleach over and over again...not realizing that it was the bleach that was creating the problem. I have always used Clorox clean-up and had never had a problem in the past. I googled the problem looking for a solution and found this website. Thank God! One of the users suggested Tarnex and it worked in 30 seconds or less. I was blown away that the suggestion actually worked. I was prepared for disappointment. It worked fabulously.