Fixing My Black Jeans

Just recently, the colour in my black jeans ran and the end result was white lines or streaks appearing all the way down them. Is there any way in which I might effectively "run the colour BACK into them"? I was once told that leaving them to simply soak in hot water would fix them, is there any truth in this?

Keith McMahon from Dublin

Buy a bottle of Rit black dye. You could also buy the powder, but the liquid is much easier to use. It costs about $2.50 or so at Wal Mart. Follow the instructions for use in the washing machine. While you're at it, throw in any other black items that may have faded. They come out looking brand new.

Yes but I have heard that often the colour of the dye does not resemble or 'blend in' with the original colour, and in turn looks rather patchy.

If these are new or near new, and this wasn't your fault, i.e. bleach in the washer, return them to the store. Defective dye at the mill.

This happened to a pair of my blue jeans. Is your washing machine spinning them too fast? After a few more washings, the color evened out, but it was nothing like the original. I would recommend coloring them with black dye

Hi,

you can buy a fabric restore for black clothes at most supermarkets.

Hope this is helpful.

I have fixed dark clothing before with washing them with a really dark brand new towel or item that you know will bleed/fade with one wash. My advice would be to make the dye mix in a bag or bowl with enough liquid to cover the item totally for an even coloring all over let it sit and soak in then wash with other darks. One time I was so cheap, I used blk printer ink refill liquid I got at the $.99 cent store to re-dye my item. It worked

Home and Garden Repair ClothingJuly 1, 2006
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Jeans Apron
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Recycled Jeans Flower Pot
Recycled Jeans Planters
🎄
🍂