Soft Homemade Bread

When making home made bread, my mom always noticed it would be a little dry once it came out of the oven. She decided to try a few things to help it out. She would put 1 1/2 cups of milk into the batter when mixing and, low and behold, it works! Her bread is light and fluffy and not dry!

Source: My Mom

By JodiT from Aurora. CO

Put some oil or butter into the recipe, it will be more moist. Use about 2 tablespoons per loaf. You can also brush the loaf with melted butter when it comes out of the oven to keep the crust from drying out.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

January 3, 2011 Flag

For soft homemade bread, I knead my dough on a lightly floured board first for 5 minutes with floured hands. Then I spray the counter with Pam and knead that way for the other 5 minutes. Keep spraying counter as needed. Also spray counter when forming into loaves. Using less flour when mixing the dough could also help. Good luck on your next batch of dough.

By jeanstreetr from Combined Locks, WI

Answers:

Soft Homemade Bread

I am going to be honest about this. I never knead my bread dough. I make bread, rolls and sweet rolls that are light and soft. I mix warm milk, butter instant yeast, one egg, sugar and a pinch of salt then flour until it is sticky and let it rise. I punch it down and make my loaves, rolls or sweet rolls and let them rise then bake. Voila'! Great every time. (09/14/2010)

By Lilac

Food and Recipes Food Tips BreadJanuary 6, 2011
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 8:03:54 AM on 10.0.2.243 in 7 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.