Giving Pills to Cats

Can't get your pet to take their vitamins? This morning, I had a flash of genius. Take a small handful of a favorite treat and add the vitamin pill. It probably helps if you wipe the treat on the pill, but I didn't do it and it still worked. I set the treats in front of my cat, with the vitamin in the middle, and he just ate what was in front of him. With a dog you could just hand the whole thing to them, and that would probably work too. Some medicine might pass this way too. I'm going to see if I can get him to take some Dronset that way.

One other thing I found that works for most pets are Pill Pockets (brand name). For all but a few cats I have no problem getting them to take a Dronsit pill in a Pill Pocket. So if you're at your wits end, try these. I'm no longer "mean mommy" with the use of Pill Pockets and treats.

By nekocat from OR