Giving Pills to Cats

Can't get your pet to take their vitamins? This morning, I had a flash of genius. Take a small handful of a favorite treat and add the vitamin pill. It probably helps if you wipe the treat on the pill, but I didn't do it and it still worked. I set the treats in front of my cat, with the vitamin in the middle, and he just ate what was in front of him. With a dog you could just hand the whole thing to them, and that would probably work too. Some medicine might pass this way too. I'm going to see if I can get him to take some Dronset that way.

One other thing I found that works for most pets are Pill Pockets (brand name). For all but a few cats I have no problem getting them to take a Dronsit pill in a Pill Pocket. So if you're at your wits end, try these. I'm no longer "mean mommy" with the use of Pill Pockets and treats.

By nekocat from OR

Giving a Cat a Pill, Vet Giving Spoonfull of Pills to Cat
Giving a Cat a Pill
Pets CatsFebruary 14, 2011
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Razor For Removing Fabric Pills
Removing Pills From Fabric
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
Medication for a sick Golden Retriever puppy.
Giving Pills to Dogs
🎉
🎄