Cleaning Grease Buildup on an Electric Stove Top

What can I use to get rid of grease and burnt on grease build up on my electric stove top?

By Annie from Fresno, CA

I don't know what you mean grease build up. About once a week I use something along the line of 409 or else just squirt a couple of squirts of dishwashing soap on it and wipe it off, then rinse and dry it off.

Make a paste of kosher salt and lemon juice if you have it or water; make it thick; simply rub over the area and it will clean right up. I use this same recipe for cleaning my oven as well; so I am sure it will work fine on the top of it! (Kosher salt is very thick coarse salt) this same recipe I use in the bathtub as well, using hydrogen peroxide 3 percent as the "water". Good luck!

Easy off oven cleaner will take it right off.

I have tried EVERYTHING including the stuff they gave me with the stove when I bought it. It wasn't until I signed up with Shaklee was I able to clean it the right way and get everything off. I use the Get Clean Scour Off Heavy Duty Paste scrub and Basic H degreaser strength. I spread the paste on it - leave it to sit for about 10-15 minutes, then spray with the Basic H Degreaser and wipe it clean with a microfiber cloth. Even my husband noticed the difference. You need a distributor to buy from and you can message me if you're interested or if you know someone near you.

Simple and cheap, rubbing alcohol and steel wool.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesOctober 3, 2010
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Pink and red daisies in a clear glass vase.
Cleaning Buildup Inside a Vase
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture