Growing Lemon Grass

Have any of you ever grown lemon grass? If so,? did you grow it from seed or from a plant? If from a plant, where did you purchase it?

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By Elaine from IA

I found this for you. It's a great (safe) site for anything I've ever looked up:

Thank you Keeper!

I bought a few from a local Chinese shop selling for cooking. I peeled off a few of the lower long leaves (a bit like the kind on a pineapple) which exposed bud like growths, and sat it in some water for a few days, not too deep, it grew strong roots from those buds. Results - Very healthy plants.

Any good nursery that sells herbs should have it. If not, they will probably order it for you. You can also order on the web. Just google "lemongrass". I did and came up with ... amp;gclid=CN_M9dKY6aACFRibnAodp1VeIA

Growing Lemongrass
Growing Lemongrass
Home and Garden Gardening HerbsMarch 30, 2010
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Johnson Grass
Getting Rid of Johnson Grass
Grass Growing in Pavement Cracks
Solutions for Grass Growing in Pavement Cracks