Growing Lemon Grass?

What is the best way to grow lemon grass in Malta? I bought a very small plant some time ago from Dubai and after six months I decided to plant it in the soil. It improved quite a bit, but I am expecting new shoots by now. Also is it advisable to fertilize?

lemongrass is a tropical herb, and Malta is I think of Mediterranean climate. They should do well, though probably it requires a bit more humidity than a native plant. It probably would not survive the winter unless it were planted in pots, or as annuals. It does best with rich, well-drained soil.

In general I think it would do all right, as long as you can maintain it warm and moist/

This is advice from Bonnie Plants:
Place them in a bright, south-facing window. Keep soil barely moist, as plants grow very slowly over winter.

Another option is to store a pot of lemongrass, cut down, in a cool, dark place like a basement. Water just a few times over winter to keep roots alive.

Home and Garden Gardening HerbsSeptember 29, 2016
🌻
📓
😎
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Growing-Lemon-Grass-1.html