Browsing: Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas

Many pet owners use or consider using Dawn dishsoap as an inexpensive shampoo for fleas. This is a guide about using Dawn dish soap for fleas.

dawn for fleas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 2, 2010 Flag

Bathe Pets With Dawn to Kill FleasOur kittens had fleas. There were only 10 weeks old and the spray I had was for 12 weeks and older so I knew I couldn't use it on them. I called the veterinarian near us and they said to use Dawn dish soap to bathe them in. I had 2 small wash tubs. One filled with Dawn and warm water and the other warm water to rinse them in. They didn't seem to mind it at all. Then I went over there bodies with a soft brush to get the feces from the fleas and the dried blood by their ears washed off. The kittens are white so it was easy to see the fleas. I tried to pick the dead fleas off their skin. Then I patted them with a towel. This worked very well. The fleas seems to die instantly.

Source: My local vet.

By little suzy from Millbury, OH

August 28, 2014 Flag

How much Dawn soap do I use to put on my carpets? And does it work and how often can I use it?

By Joyce M. from Pittsburgh

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How much Dawn do you use to kill fleas in a carpet

Read More Answers...

March 9, 2011 Flag

Why buy expensive dog shampoos at PetSmart to bathe your dog? My vet suggested I use any baby shampoo, so now I buy $1.00 generic baby shampoos at the Dollar Store and I have a dog that smells as good as a freshly bathed baby for a fraction of the cost.

By cipi2000 from Miami, FL

October 27, 2014 Flag

I found it easiest to put 1/4 cup of original blue Dawn and fill the kitchen sink. Do the forehead, under the chin, and cheeks first. Try your best not to get it in the eyes, nose, mouth or ears.

November 7, 2010 Flag

How do I use Dawn on fleas?

By Barbra from Calistoga, CA

Misty37723

I have had a yorkie puppy for all of two weeks and trust me I know how tight money can be these days. Anyways age came with a one fleas so I have a toddler and that was not going to work I decided to just try using some dawn and a small amount of baby bath amazingly it works. Later that night as she got her brushing I was brushing dead fleas off I immediately took her and washed the off of her with dawn again just to remove the dead and she was just fine. Dawn really did the job!

Read More Answers...

April 2, 2015 Flag

Dawn Dishwashing Soap is a very effective way of ridding your dogs and cats. Don't ask me why, but if you wash them with it, and leave it on for 5 minutes, when you rinse them the fleas will just fall off.

October 8, 2013 Flag

During a summer camp hosted by a college, one of the science professors shared a cool lesson with us. They showed us how to create a safe wasp killer.

February 4, 2015 Flag

Can I use normal dishwashing detergent to get rid of the fleas on my kitten instead of using Dawn detergent?

By l.t

After reading this site today I tried dawn dish soap and I was astounded how well it worked. The fleas died within moments of contact with the soap. I first applied the soap water around her evey, nose and neck to prevent the fleas from trying to escape to those sensitive areas. I then lathered the rest of her, waited about 7 minutes, then rinsed well. I was worried the fleas were really just stunned as opposed to dead so while removing them I left some in a disposable cup. Three hours later they're definitely dead. Her coat appears cleaner than normal and the dish soap leave a much more pleasant smell than any flea shampoo I've ever used. I'll never buy flea shampoo again.

Read More Answers...

February 17, 2015 Flag

tabby cat lying next to red Christmas tree decorationI have Dawn Ultra. It is not the normal Dawn so I'm worried if what they added to the Ultra Dawn is unsafe for cats.

By Maya W.

Dawn or Joy necessary or any non-detergent dish soap? Palmolive is great for our hands, so? Putting dishwashing liquid in watering water works great for plants...even in yard.

Read More Answers...

January 18, 2015 Flag

We bought an 8 week old Malipoo and she has fleas and eggs, because every time we kill them and then check her again she will have baby fleas. Will Dawn dishsoap kill the eggs too?

By Carole

Will any type dish washing liquid work with vinegar?

Read More Answers...

October 27, 2014 Flag

I have 2 nine year old inside only cats that have attracted fleas from somewhere. I have given both baths with an organic oatmeal and vinegar based flea shampoo for cats, but they still have fleas. My vet suggested that I make a mixture of apple cider vinegar, Dawn, and water, and bathe both kitties and then add to sprayer and spray entire house, carpet, and furniture to end my flea problem. Has anyone ever tried this and if so how much of each and did it work?

By Barbara A

Yeah you can buy Wal-Mart drops, if you want to use toxic poison in your house! There are many reasons to NOT use those drops!

If you have small children that will be touching the animals often, no!

If you have a herding breed that might have the genetic disposition for being deathly sensitive to normal doses of things, no!

If you have someone in the house chemically allergic or sensitive, no!

If you've ever watched Chemerical, you definitely know, no!

I'm even cautious to use Dawn! Why? Because I know those chemical warnings are no joke!

Read More Answers...

June 17, 2011 Flag

Can I use Dawn dish soap to get rid of fleas on my dog?

By Connie

I tried dawn, with, and without vinegar. I think it is more effective with vinegar.

Read More Answers...

January 17, 2015 Flag

Does it dry out their skin because my dog has very dry skin?

Load More
Pets FleasAugust 7, 2012
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
french bulldog puppy
Treating Fleas on a Puppy
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 28, 2016 at 8:04:23 AM on 10.0.0.104 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.