Freezing Ketchup

Can ketchup be frozen?

Sandra from PA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I'd do not know about Ketchup but I have frozen chili sauce (spicy ketchup) I bought a gallon can, put a cup in sandwich size freezer bag and then those bags inside of a large freezer bag.

It never freezes solid; I had over two years worth of chili sauce.

Yes, just be sure to place it in an airtight container and leave room for expansion during the freezing process. I would recommend using a vacuum sealer if you have one and placing it in the recommended bags for your sealer. I would try to use it up within the year if at all possible.

Yes, you can. I am a great advocate of bulk buying and freezing, and I have found that just about everything freezes well. My only disappointments have been sour cream and milk.

I'm a webmaster myself. I'm angry enough at your site to take the time out of my day to tell you how obnoxious you are!

I came to see if I can freeze Katchup and you gave me everything but that. Take it off you keyword list then!

I looked to the 2nd page and an ad glared at me and I couldn't move it. How obnoxious!

Your'e a joke until you answer the question people came here for and THEN have ads. We may very well stay to see what it is IF you've answered the question we came for.

Have you heard of "delivering"? Guess not!

When H--- freezes over someone might read your ad.

Pennie

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

May 13, 2012 Flag

Can you freeze ketchup?

By Joyce T

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yep! Just leave some space at the top of the container as the water in the ketchup will expand.

Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceFebruary 4, 2009
Ketchup Spilled on Carpet
Removing Ketchup Stains on Carpet
Pouring Ketchup
Tips for Pouring Ketchup Faster
Cranberry Ketchup
Cranberry Ketchup Recipes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 12:24:32 PM on 10.0.0.63 in 811 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.