Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning With Shaving Cream

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Shaving Cream on Black

You might be surprised by the many cleaning uses for shaving cream. This is a guide about cleaning with shaving cream.

Solutions: Cleaning With Shaving Cream

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Other Uses for Shaving Cream

I was inspired to find a thrifty substitute for a very expensive cleaning paste I saw on TV, $20 for two tubs with two diamond fiber sponges. I used a $1.83 can of shaving foam (I recommend a scent free one) and half of a scrubby pad I bought at Dollar General (6 for $1). Spray a streak of foam on the oven door, scrub with the pad, then wipe with a damp cloth. I use it all my appliances, my front door, the light switches, even as a furniture cleaning foam.

By lilee2k from New Lisbon, WI

Tip: Use Shaving Cream For Cleaning Kids Hands

Shaving cream is a wonderful and cheap way to get kids squeaky clean. Most of the time with a coupon you can get a can very cheap and sometimes free (Walgreens this week - free). Anyway, what you do is have the child hold out their hands and put a pretty large amount in each hand. Let them play. This will even get under their nails.

By notwrong from Still Traveling!

Tip: Clean Mirrors and Bathroom Fixtures with Shaving Cream

Cleaning your mirrors or fixtures with shaving cream will leave them clean and smelling nice. The biggest plus is that the moisture simply rolls off, and the mirrors do not fog up. Great solution to fogged mirrors and spotted fixtures.

By Nunley10 from Huntington, WV

Tip: Shaving Cream for Emergency Carpet Cleaning

After coming home from a twelve hour day at work, I was greeted by my loving, newly adopted Boxer! I was also met with a stench that would wake the dead, and when I looked inside my home. I saw a dog parent's worst nightmare: projectile diarrhea on my light beige carpet covering approximately 15 square feet!

Having no name brand carpet cleaners in the house, I had to get creative and fast before I passed out from the sight and smell.

To my surprise and delight the following procedure worked flawlessly for the stain and smell. I ran into the shower and grabbed my Gillette Foamy shaving cream. (After cleaning up what I could wearing gloves and a respirator), I squirted the foam on each of the separate 18 (yes 18) soiled areas. I let it sit for about 10-15 minutes.

Then, with a towel that was dampened with hot water, I agitated the spots and "everything" came out instantly! I have found this works better than all the name brand, expensive carpet-stain removers on the market.

By Greg from Columbia, SC

Editor's Note: Be sure to use the old fashioned white shaving cream. Using a gel based shaving product will not have the same effect and may stain your carpet.

Tip: Shaving Cream for Stains

Use shaving cream to clean furniture, carpets, rugs (not delicates that will easily fall apart) instead of having to pay to get it cleaned or buy new ones. Stains come out and it smells good too (not for deep stains).

By Candace from Alexander City, AL

Tip: Barbasol Shave Cream For Cleaning Greasy Hands

Barbasol shave cream dissolves grime. Use it by your workbench to clean your hands. It doesn't need to be used with water. Of course, you'll need a dry cloth handy.

By Lisa from Patton

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!