Browsing: Cleaning With Shaving Cream

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning With Shaving Cream

You might be surprised by the many cleaning uses for shaving cream. This is a guide about cleaning with shaving cream.

Shaving Cream on Black
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 10, 2009 Flag

After coming home from a twelve hour day at work, I was greeted by my loving, newly adopted Boxer! I was also met with a stench that would wake the dead, and when I looked inside my home. I saw a dog parent's worst nightmare: projectile diarrhea on my light beige carpet covering approximately 15 square feet!

Having no name brand carpet cleaners in the house, I had to get creative and fast before I passed out from the sight and smell.

To my surprise and delight the following procedure worked flawlessly for the stain and smell. I ran into the shower and grabbed my Gillette Foamy shaving cream. (After cleaning up what I could wearing gloves and a respirator), I squirted the foam on each of the separate 18 (yes 18) soiled areas. I let it sit for about 10-15 minutes.

Then, with a towel that was dampened with hot water, I agitated the spots and "everything" came out instantly! I have found this works better than all the name brand, expensive carpet-stain removers on the market.

By Greg from Columbia, SC

Editor's Note: Be sure to use the old fashioned white shaving cream. Using a gel based shaving product will not have the same effect and may stain your carpet.

May 19, 2010 Flag

Shaving cream is a wonderful and cheap way to get kids squeaky clean. Most of the time with a coupon you can get a can very cheap and sometimes free (Walgreens this week - free). Anyway, what you do is have the child hold out their hands and put a pretty large amount in each hand. Let them play. This will even get under their nails.

By notwrong from Still Traveling!

April 11, 2011 Flag

I was inspired to find a thrifty substitute for a very expensive cleaning paste I saw on TV, $20 for two tubs with two diamond fiber sponges. I used a $1.83 can of shaving foam and half of a scrubby pad I bought at Dollar General.

April 12, 2010 Flag

Use shaving cream to clean furniture, carpets, rugs (not delicates that will easily fall apart) instead of having to pay to get it cleaned or buy new ones. Stains come out and it smells good too (not for deep stains).

November 20, 2009 Flag

Cleaning your mirrors or fixtures with shaving cream will leave them clean and smelling nice. The biggest plus is that the moisture simply rolls off, and the mirrors do not fog up.

June 16, 2008 Flag

Barbasol shave cream dissolves grime. Use it by your workbench to clean your hands. It doesn't need to be used with water. Of course, you'll need a dry cloth handy.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousApril 30, 2013
A pink razor.
Shaving Your Bikini Area
A woman shaving her legs.
Tips for Shaving Your Legs
Lifting paper away from the shaving cream.
Craft Uses for Shaving Cream
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 6:30:19 PM on 10.0.0.66 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.