Wine Stain on Table Cloth

I have a giant wine stain on my favorite tablecloth. It's a cotton table cloth with a floral pattern but it is pretty light so the stain will look really bad if I can't remove it. I didn't really know how to treat it so I put it in a bucket of water to keep it wet. Does anyone have any tips for removing it? Thanks, Christine in CA

Best Answer

The best thing I have found removing red wine and other organic stains is OxiClean. It's colorsafe, just follow the label directions.

Best Answer

I had luck with hydrogen peroxide mixed with a small amount of liquid detergent. Let it sit for awhile (maybe 15 minutes), then wash. I also removed a very old stain on my crushed velvet couch with this. Good luck

Get some of "grandma's" old remedy for stains, Fels Naptha bar soap (in the soap aisle at the grocery store), wet it and rub on the stain. This is the best stain remover I have ever used-even on some old ones. I don't use anything else anymore.

As a last resort, because it may take the color out of the cloth, spray with oven cleaner, like Easy Off( 99c store version). Leave on for about 10 min, then launder as usual. I have removd some really nasty set in stains from whites and lite colors with this. (I saved a thrift store Liz Claiborne blouse that I bought for $1.50!)

Please send me the location by web on where to find these. Thanking you in advance.

I have always heard that Club Soda will get wine stains out.Failing that,I'd try an oxy cleaner or Peroxide.

I heard that if you pour white wine over red wine it will take the stain out. It's worth a try. Good luck!

the white wine over red wine doesn't work all that well, I just tried it, it made it worse!!!! EEEEKKK!

Thanks, I'll try some of the ideas.

I let my wine stain sit overnight, and dunno what to do to get it out now. Any of you know?