How Do You Curl the Ribbon for Korker Hair Bows?

I would like to make korker bows. I know you bake them, but how do they get their curl?

By Nikki from Nashville, TN

I found this for you:http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutor ... curly-ribbon-korker-bows/2010/10/28/

When my mom made bows she would take the ribbon and run the ribbon over one blade of a pair of scissors.

The ribbon would be at 90 degree to the scissors. She would do it with one hand while hold the spool of ribbon with the other hand. She would hold the ribbon against the scissors with her thumb and then pull the scissors along the length of then ribbon. And there were curls. Hope this helps.

You wrap them around a dowel rod the size you want the curl and secure them on the ends of the rod with wooden clip clothespins. Make sure them are completely cool before unwrapping them so they will hold their curl.

Crafts MiscellaneousNovember 10, 2010
Homemade Hair Bows
Homemade Hair Bows
Perm That is Too Curly
Fixing a Perm That is Too Curly
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎄