Cleaning Hair Bows

Hair bows can often be cleaned using a little bit of care to keep them looking like new. This is a guide about cleaning hair bows.

My daughter wears bows in her hair and they are always getting dirty. Instead of spending $5-$10 to replace the dirty bows, I used a small brush and Dawn dishwashing liquid and scrubbed the bows clean. I placed them in a window that gets lots of sun so they will dry quickly and will be ready to wear in no time. They look brand new! I figured I saved at least $35 or more and the bows look brand new.

By mdseese from Covington, LA

Can I use Clorox to clean my daughter's hair bows?

By Mia from Dyersburg, TN

Answers

Using Clorox would depend on the material the bows are made of. Can you take a small sample of the material from the bows and try the Clorox on that? If it works, go ahead. If you are talking about plain ribbons that you tie, they are hand washable/air dry. If you are talking about,more elaborate ready made ones with bows and flowers. They can be cleaned by putting cornmeal in a bag, and shaking to coat thoroughly, then brush off the cornmeal.