Looking For Curling Bookends

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find and purchase a book end that is a piece of metal that curls up on itself from both ends till they meet in the middle and as you put books into the center it expands outward. They used to be made in lots of different lengths, back in the 60's or 70's but I can't find them anywhere today. I have tried to draw a picture of what I'm talking about, but I'm a BAD artist. Thank you much, in advance.

Bette from Phoenix, AZ

I remember those--they also made metal rulers that way also. Have you tried office supply stores or advertising places such as "national Pen"??

They were called Bookworms in the UK. I had some but threw them away in the end because they turned rusty. Someone might still make them.

Your best bet may be a consignment or resale shop or a flea market. With this economy, they're spinging up everywhere. While you're at it, you may find a lot of other good things! Good luck!

Consumer Advice Product FinderApril 15, 2008
Making Bookends
Making Bookends
Curling Iron Holder Crafts
Curling Iron Holder Ideas
Someone curling hair with a pink and black curling iron.
Cleaning a Curling Iron
Recycled Tile Bookends
Making Recycled Tile Bookends