Knife Marks on Corelle Plates

By Mary Lou 4 16

How do you remove gray metal marks made by knives while cutting meat on Corelle plates during meals?

Showing: Answers Sort

By Debbie Dzurilla 28 1,125 Flag

The following is some info I found at corelle.com:

CARE

Wash by hand or in automatic dishwasher. Load dishes to avoid bumping against other items during cycle. To remove gray or rust marks, clean with non-abrasive cleanser. If scouring is necessary, use only plastic or nylon cleaning pads with non-abrasive cleansers. DO NOT allow stoneware mugs to soak/stand in water for an extended period of time.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Pattie Hartley 2 104 Flag

I would try Bar Keepers Friend. I have a white liner for my Slow Cooker and that is what the directiosn recommend that I use.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Mr. clean magic erasers are really good for this.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mary Lou 4 16 Flag

I have tried Bar Keepers Friend and also Cameo for aluminum and stainless steel. Both wonderful but not for this job. I will buy some Mr. Clean magic erasers and give that a try because it is a shame to buy new dishes if these marks can be removed.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I use Bon Ami cleanser. It is lightly abrasive and doesn't cost as much as the Magic Erasers. It also works well to remove rust stains on the edges from rusted dishwasher racks.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kat 7 219 Flag

Before the magic eraser, I would make a thick paste from baking soda and a few drops of dish detergent; removed utensil marks, as well as baked on (for years!) stuff from white corningware cookware. You can either use a finger to rub it in or the corner of a dish sponge.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mary Lou 4 16 Flag

The Magic Eraser did not work for me. I also tried vinegar and soda. I will try the soda and dish detergent next and when I run errands next week I'll buy some Bon Ami cleanser. You would think that something out there would work!

Thank you for all your suggestions!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Debbie Dzurilla 28 1,125 Flag

I think that can happen when the Corelle comes in contact with something metal in the dishwasher. I wrote to Corning once to ask about it and I believe they told me to use Barkeeper's Friend but it may have been Bon Ami. One of the two, I think. I know that it worked for me.

Corelle is made from a type of glass by the way.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mary Lou 4 16 Flag

Nothing so far has fazed the marks and I'm thinking they may be etched into the glass and WERE made by knives. Only the eating surfaces of the plates have the marks. The various size bowls and etc. are just fine. We use the bowls as much as we do the plates. These marks were not made by the dishwasher but may be harder to remove due to all the heat and frequent washings? I did not have the Bon Ami cleanser on hand but will give it a try when I next run errands. Thanks everyone!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Linda 1 82 Flag

I've had Corelle dinnerware for over 28 years now. I'm now on my second pattern!!

When that happened for the first time, I just tried baking soda on a damp

washcoth and rub. It may take a couple applications but it always comes out fine.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I learned this trick from a antique dealer.

Use Sno Bowl toilet cleaner on metal marks on plates.

Always works like a charm.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesDecember 21, 2015
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
License Plates Decorating a Wall
Crafts Using License Plates
Uses for Paper Plates
Uses for Paper Plates
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Paper Plates
Reinforcing Paper Plates
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 8:31:11 AM on 10.0.1.92 in 742 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings