StainsCleaning

Stained Swim Suit

I have a red and white swim suit and went tubing in a river...the river was pretty gross, and it stained the white parts of my suit with a brown color. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks:)

Amy From Wisconsin

try soaking the suit in vinegar? just a guess.

Soak you swimsuit in a bowl with hydrogen peroxide for a couple hours, rinse and repeat if needed. Launder as normal.

We swim in the Chesapeake bay a lot and my suits get pretty brown after awhile. A dip or two in the local pool seems to brighten them up a bit, so I am sure it is the chlorine.

Soak for 24-48 hours in nappy soaker and then wash as normal. I wash everything in plain water - no detergent. Any stained items get the nappy soaker treatment and then a wash in plain water and usually come up like new.

Regards

Jo

I presoak all of my kids sports uniforms in Electrasol Dishwasher Detergent. I think it works better than Oxy-Clean! This tip was given to me by a football mother with white pants, and its the best one yet. I guess the stuff is just made to clean well, especially grease. I imagine any brand will do the same thing, but I've always used the brand I was told. Its worth a shot.