Stained Swim Suit

I have a red and white swim suit and went tubing in a river...the river was pretty gross, and it stained the white parts of my suit with a brown color. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks:)

Amy From Wisconsin

try soaking the suit in vinegar? just a guess.

Soak you swimsuit in a bowl with hydrogen peroxide for a couple hours, rinse and repeat if needed. Launder as normal.

We swim in the Chesapeake bay a lot and my suits get pretty brown after awhile. A dip or two in the local pool seems to brighten them up a bit, so I am sure it is the chlorine.

Soak for 24-48 hours in nappy soaker and then wash as normal. I wash everything in plain water - no detergent. Any stained items get the nappy soaker treatment and then a wash in plain water and usually come up like new.

Regards

Jo

I presoak all of my kids sports uniforms in Electrasol Dishwasher Detergent. I think it works better than Oxy-Clean! This tip was given to me by a football mother with white pants, and its the best one yet. I guess the stuff is just made to clean well, especially grease. I imagine any brand will do the same thing, but I've always used the brand I was told. Its worth a shot.

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJuly 27, 2004
"Stained Glass" Paper Crafts
"Stained Glass" Paper Crafts
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Stained Wood Door
Painting Over Stained Wood
A white CorningWare casserole dish.
Cleaning Stained CorningWare
🎉
🎄