Removing Ink From Paper

How do I remove stamp ink from paper?

By libjon from Tirana, Albania

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Try nail polish remover with a cotton ball or ear bud and rub it on the ink u want to get rid of. It worked for me

Best Answer

Paint thinner. I forget the name of it but it comes in a small tin can at fredmeyers . Pour the paint thinner in a tall cup and put the paper in the cup and swish it around but never rub it. Rubbing will destroy the paper. It works on most ball point pens.

How do you remove ink from tape paper

December 10, 2014 Flag

I want to remove stamp pad ink from paper.

By sunil

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 9, 2014 Flag

How do remove red refill ink on a paper?

By

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 19, 2011 Flag

How do I erase ink from tracing paper?

By Dave

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 2, 2011 Flag

I have a certificate on which I have spilled a lot of ink. Can someone tell me how to remove it please?

By Ali

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 10, 2010 Flag

I would like to know how to remove ink from paper.

By Amir from Bangladesh

Answers:

Removing Ink From Paper

Bleach, applied with a q-tip and dabbed, turning q-tip to clean spot after each touch to paper, not rubbing at all. Try on a small area. Try peroxide on q-tip after bleach. Peroxide stops action of bleach, which is naturally degrading. (06/16/2010)

By PIKKA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 17, 2009 Flag

My 1 year old has taken a pen and written on my new textbook. She basically wrote on the top, it was in my back pack. Is there any way to remove pen from my textbook?

By AZGateway from Chandler, AZ

Answers:

Removing Ink From Paper

If it was ballpoint pen you could try using alcohol applied with a cotton swab to see if it dissolves the ink then blotting it, but some may remain. Good luck. (08/04/2009)

By pamphyila

Removing Ink From Paper

I saw the same thing that Carolyn referred to in the archive question except it was an infommercial for a certain type of pen. It had to do with check fraud. According the the infommercial you need to use acetone rather than non-acetone remover. It's the acetone that works. Hope this helps. (08/04/2009)

By janerg

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 4, 2009 Flag

By mistake I struck out a few words on an important paper with red ink. I need to remove these red marks from the paper, otherwise I will be in big trouble. Can you please help me?

Chandra from Toronto, CA

Answers:

Removing Ink From Paper

If it's white paper try bleach on a q-tip, just dampen and try with your ink on another piece of paper first. Silly putty can work also, the fun tack type of product. (10/08/2008)

By joeb

Removing Ink From Paper

Hairspray should take ink out. I have used it on clothing and other things that had ink on it. (10/08/2008)

Removing Ink From Paper

Have you tried to use a pencil eraser? It should work. I have also used hairspray to remove ink from clothing and what not. Good luck. (10/08/2008)

By m r

Removing Ink From Paper

Here's a link that explains best how to remove ink from paper. Hope it helps you. Continue reading down the whole page for more tips.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/69751. (10/08/2008)

By Lorelei

Removing Ink From Paper

Unless this important paper HAS to be the original (for instance an "original" legal document), a photocopy (not color copy, obviously) will give you something with most of the red strikeouts not visible. After that, a little careful tracing over printing with a fine tip black pen and then ANOTHER photocopy (to even out the colors) may do the trick, and rather simply and easily. You may have already tried this, or may need to be able to restore the original document (like if it's a legal paper). Hope this just might help! (10/10/2008)

By LauraA

Removing Ink From Paper

In art school, we typically used what is called a fiberglass eraser. It is comprised of fine strands of fiberglass, and when you use it, it takes off the top fibers of the paper, leaving the under paper with no markings on it. But you must be extremely careful; if you just rub, it will make a hole clear through the paper. If you choose to get one, practice a lot to make sure you don't ruin the original document. (10/12/2008)

By susanmajp

Removing Ink From Paper

Hairspray works about as well as water. (12/10/2008)

By bob

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 8, 2008 Flag

I goofed when writing on a document. I would like to remove the ink and start over again. I don't just want to block it with white out. How do I remove the ink without ruining the document and the paper?

San Diego Jim

Answers:

Removing Ink From Paper

I saw an article that said that nail polish remover will remove ink from paper without damaging the paper. Soak it for 10 minutes then let it dry. Certain inks will not come off the paper though. If you find an ink that won't come off, make sure you save THAT pen and use IT to write out your checks! The article I read was from the AARP and was meant to help seniors be protected from fraud. (11/20/2004)

By Carolyn

Removing Ink From Paper

Not to point out the obvious, but most ink is used because it CAN'T be removed from paper. If ink could readily be removed from paper, then signing legal or financial documents could get to be very costly. You can try a printing supply house, the kind that sells supplies for offset presses such as Addressograph-Multigraph or A.B. Dick. Look under Printing Supplies in your Yellow Pages. Printing press operators routinely face the chore of removing printing ink from surfaces, tools, clothes, etc. There are some commercial press cleaning solutions that will take the ink out of your document. Depending on the type of ink you used, it may or may not get it all. Can't you just get another copy of the document and start over? (12/25/2004)

By NurseBob

Removing Ink From Paper

I have had success removing ballpoint ink inscriptions from the inside of used books with a very fine sand paper. Sand very lightly. Be careful or you will sand a hole in the page. Although it may result in a slightly whiter spot on the page (depending on the color of the paper) it works better than any liquid solution I have found. (07/22/2005)

By Ford

Removing Ink From Paper

To remove ink from paper one way is to gently rub the ink you want to remove with very light sand paper. Be careful not to rub a hole in the paper. There are other ways but they are not to be released. (10/14/2007)

By joe

Removing Ink From Paper

Silly putty removes ink well. (06/30/2008)

By s

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
spilled ink on document
Removing Ink From Paper
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJanuary 2, 2011
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Pen Ink on Paper
Removing Pen Ink From Paper
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 3:29:06 AM on 10.0.0.245 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.