StainsCleaning

Crystal Light Stain on Wool Carpet

Category Stains

How do I get Crystal Light Red Raspberry stain out of wool carpet?

Mary from Lahaina, HI

Hi.. I have same problem. My brother spilled a full glass of red raspberry crystal light on my light beige carpet. I cannot get it out. I tried Dawn and my carpet cleaner.. it is now pink.

Did you get any response?

Nothing I haven't tried. The Kraft Foods people, makers of the product won't help.

Hi!:) Not sure if this will work for Crystal Light but, for Kool-Aid it did the charm for me.....white distilled vinegar. Just pour on...let sit for several minutes and then blot up with paper towels or rag. HTH! ~Ashley

I have it soaked into my counter. I spilled it and didn't notice those two little spots! But Kraft did recomend bleach. It may mess up carpet color, though, even if it's an offwhite.

I got Crystal Light fruit punch on light grey carpet, of all things, a BMW. I tried everything: i.e professional stain remover and even tried an electric steam cleaner, well nothing worked. If this happens, call a pro. They have stuff to remove anything.

Just spilled Raspberry Ice on my light beige carpet. I googled "crystal light remover" and got this site. I tried the white vinegar, and it worked very good. Not sure how it would work on old stains though.

Try hydrogen peroxide.

I googled this to get a large spot out of my husband's cotton dress shirt that I spattered Crystal Light Rapberry Ice - several applications of hydrogen peroxide over the course of about 20-30 minutes has lightened the stain to where it has faded out (there is a pattern in the shirt that makes it hard to tell if it is complete). I'm leaving it overnight to see if it will completely remove but it saved the shirt from the trash - thanks, Chris, for your great suggestion/advice!