I accidentally left a plastic lid in the oven when I turned it on. I thought I had cleaned it all up, however whenever I turn on the stove, the kitchen fills up with smoke and noxious baked plastic smell. How does one remove the baked on plastic from the bottom of the stove.
Diana from High Point, NC
Unfortunately, it may have to burn off. All that would involve is a good exhaust fan and some open windows, and a nice day! However, plain ammonia is an excellent odor absorber. Place a small glass bowl or jar of ammonia in the unheated oven and let it there overnight. This may help, too.
This works for plastic on a toaster, and it may work for you.
Acetone, specifically nail polish remover containing acetone. Be sure to read the label, since not all nail polish remover contains acetone. I learned this from Haley's book.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!