Burnt Plastic in the Bottom of My Oven

I accidentally left a plastic lid in the oven when I turned it on. I thought I had cleaned it all up, however whenever I turn on the stove, the kitchen fills up with smoke and noxious baked plastic smell. How does one remove the baked on plastic from the bottom of the stove.

Diana from High Point, NC

Unfortunately, it may have to burn off. All that would involve is a good exhaust fan and some open windows, and a nice day! However, plain ammonia is an excellent odor absorber. Place a small glass bowl or jar of ammonia in the unheated oven and let it there overnight. This may help, too.

This works for plastic on a toaster, and it may work for you.

Acetone, specifically nail polish remover containing acetone. Be sure to read the label, since not all nail polish remover contains acetone. I learned this from Haley's book.

I actually had the same thing happen, and got all the plastic off by rubbing it with wet sandpaper...it took a while, but it did come off...

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesOctober 28, 2006
Burnt Food
Removing Burnt Food Smell from House
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Burnt Cookie Sheet
Cleaning Burnt Cookie Sheets
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
🎄