Cleaning Candle Wick Ash off Table

I need to remove some candle wick ash off my table as well. I tried to post a reply to some one else's request for help, but it didn't work. So I am asking here to see if I can get a reply. Thanks

By Chris from Tidworth, Hants

Sounds like you have also got wax build up and that is what the ash is in. Try some ivory liquid soap and water and get the wax buildup off and the ash will come with it. I found this out from a furniture store of fine furniture over 30 years ago and tried it. I was surprised how much wax was there but the table was beautiful again with no flaws. Don't let it set just wash with wet cloth and dry then let dry. If it is in the wood that is a bigger problem.

a picture would help.

Thanks fuzzytufts for the input. I don't have ivory liquid soap but I do have dish soap and will give that another try.

Cleaning Candle Wick Ash off Oak Table
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureMay 3, 2011
Wick Watering to Container Plant
Wick Watering for Container Plants
Uses for Coal Ash
Logs burning in a fireplace.
Cleaning Your Fireplace
A finished cigarette.
Uses for Cigarette Ash