Making "Fresh Brush" Toilet Bowl Cleaner

Can anyone tell me how to make a homemade "Fresh Brush" toilet bowl cleaner? I have been using the $1 ones I have found, but if I can make it myself, that's cheaper for me. Thanks

By jamish

I'm not sure what you mean by a "fresh brush" but I keep my toilet brush smelling fresh by simply keeping a little Listerine in the bottom of the brush holder. I dump it and replace it once a week. I only put about 1/4 cup in there. If you don't like the smell of Listerine, you could use Pine Sol or any other smell that you like.

Bleach would work great but if the holder ever tips over you've got a mess if your bathroom is carpeted like mine is.

From Scrubbing Bubbles.

The Fresh Brush® 2-in-1 makes cleaning your toilet quick, easy and convenient. Simply use the disposable Fresh Brush® MAX pads for thorough weekly cleanings and Fresh Brush® Flushables pads for daily touch-ups.

For too many years I used bleach as a cleaner for the toilet. Two years ago I started using nothing but white vinegar - approximately 1/2 cupful poured into the toilet bowl. It cleans really well, kills all germs and is not contaminating the water supply system. Plus, it is much cheaper in the long run to use. I have city water, even though I do not live in the city, so I do not know how well it would clean if you have hard water. After reading (this year) about all the contaminants in our water supply systems are over the USA, I only wish I had switched to this method years ago.

Photo of a toilet.
Home and Garden Cleaning ProductsJuly 15, 2009
Cleaning a white toilet.
Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipes
"The Works" Toilet Bowl Cleaner
"The Works" Toilet Bowl Cleaner Reviews
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎄