Removing Stickers and Tags

I run booths in three flea markets in three towns in Ontario and I find bread ties are the best for removing price stickers. Slightly dampening the tag makes it easier to remove (when possible).

Hope this is of help to some of you.

By Jokerdeer from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada

April 7, 2010 Flag

There is an oil-based remover out to use on residue left from tape, price tags, etc., but often this ruins the item, especially if it's a book or paper-derived product.

If you can get part of the tag/tape off, just keep dabbing that piece over the area and I promise you it will remove the residue in a short time. This also works on glass and saves having to wipe the oily product off of everything it touches.

By Patricia1951

When attempting to remove those difficult labels and price tags from a newly purchased item, try lighter fluid. It will penetrate the label and dissolve the adhesive, without causing any damage to the product.

By Doug

Removing Stickers and Tags

I have also heard that using peanut butter or another oily substance will do the trick. Worth a try and not likely to do any damage. Isn't this an annoying problem! Why haven't they invented a better adhesive that won't create 'the agony of removal'. (04/27/2005)

By Claudia

Removing Stickers and Tags

Remove glued stickers from jars by soaking in vinegar and water (04/27/2005)

By Bettie

Removing Stickers and Tags

Using canola, mineral oil works for me. (06/30/2005)

By Joan

Goo Gone, cleaner used for removing price tags.
Removing Price Tags
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousApril 7, 2010
Wood Door
Removing Stickers from a Wood Door
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
A bottle of Goo Gone, great for removing stickers from plastic.
Removing Stickers from Plastic