Cleaning Baby Car Seats

My granddaughter's car seat was passed to me from their car and I thought UGH - it needed a bath. I have my own seats for them and keep them clean the same way. On a warm or hot day, I use the garden hose with a good spray attachment. You can take a furniture cleaning soap, liquid laundry detergent or just regular dish detergent. Rub into the car seat with a washcloth or even a little wisk broom. Then hose it off and let dry in the sun. Our 90+ temperatures now assure a quick dry.

I have also done the strollers this way. Take removable padding out that can be machine washed then use liquid Oxiclean on spots, scrub with old toothbrush, and rinse away. Make sure you tip the seats or stroller upside down to drain faster for a while. The remaining water from the seat area will drain away. If you are doing this before storing them, make sure they are dry. You can tuck a dryer sheet in with them if storing.

By T and T Grandma from Benson, MN

I've got to pass on both these methods to my kids, thank God, my car seat days are long past!

Until 3 years ago, I ran a second hand store for children's products. Clothing and all the additional things that is needed for a child. It was a consignor shop and I got some pretty grimy things such as car seats, toys etc. I spot cleaned them first and then I took them to the car wash and used the high power washers on them. If that didn't clean them they weren't put out for sale.

I'm all for keeping car seats clean, but please remember to remove the straps before washing, per the instructions that come with your car seat. Getting the safety straps wet can weaken them.

July 14, 2010 Flag

We have four children in car seats and inevitably one of them throws up while in their car seat. Some of the seats are so difficult and cumbersome to remove the covering and get to all the areas to clean. So, we now bring the completely intact car seat to one of those "do it yourself" spray car washes. Place the seat where the car goes and power spray it down! It works EVERY time and there has never been any left over smell and I am positive it is 100% clean. It actually saves time from trying to disassemble and find all the offending particles.

By Lisa

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJuly 14, 2010
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
aby Car Seat
Cleaning Baby Car Seats
Leather Car Seats
Cleaning Leather Car Seats
Cleaning Boat Seats
Cleaning Boat Seats
🎉
🎄