Meringues for Inexpensive Baking

I love to bake, but baking can be an expensive hobby. When I'm especially strapped, I make meringues. Meringues are a cheap (and VERY low fat) delicious treat. Only egg whites and confectioners sugar are needed. You can create any shape with them and you can spice them up by dipping them in melted chocolate once they are baked. It only costs about $2 to make 50 of these treats. Add another $2 or so if you use chocolate.

By Margaret from Wilmington, NC

How do you make these? I've never been much on cooking, but these sound easy and good. Thanks!

Making Homemade Meringues
Making Homemade Meringues
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingDecember 3, 2005
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Baking Ingredients
Substitution for Cream of Tartar When Baking
Substitution for Baking Powder
Substitution for Baking Powder
Baking Soda
Freezing Baking Soda and Baking Powder