A wonderfully light, easy, low calorie Christmas treat to make.
Total Time: 2 hours, including cool time
Yield: 5 dozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- dash salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 egg whites, room tempurature
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- These are possible without an electric mixer, but so much easier with! Beat the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form (about 3 minutes on high).
- Add in sugars, salt, vanilla and cinnamon a little bit at a time. Beat on high for about 6 minutes or until glossy peaks form.
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets (you'll need 4*) and bake for 50 minutes.
- Turn the oven OFF. Keep the cookies in the oven as it cools, for at least an hour. No peeking! Makes about 5 dozen cookies. Yummy!
*You may want to half the recipe if you don't have enough sheets. These need to bake all in one batch.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.