Mum's Walnut Meringues

This is the recipe for my mum's walnut meringues. I especially love how there is so little that goes in them, but they taste like a lot of work. I hope you give these a shot!

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour

Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes

Yield: 20-24 meringues

1. Preheat oven to 220 F. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add the salt and lemon juice. Continue to beat.
  2. Add the sugar, 1/3 at a time as not to weight down the whites. Keep beating until all of it is mixed in and creamy.
  3. Gently fold in the walnuts.
  4. Use two tablespoons to to drop mounds of the meringue onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  5. Bake meringues in preheated oven for 50 minutes, then drop temperature to 200 F for 10 minutes until crisp. If they're still a bit soft, let them bake a bit longer.

Yummmm :) I'm looking forward to making these too. They do look really easy to make, and yummy.

Thank you for this recipe :)

You're welcome! I'm at my mum's house now and trying some from her batch, which are phenomenal! Maybe it's a creator thing :D You're welcome and I hope you make them!!!

Hi Attosa :)

I made your YUMMY Walnut Meringues, and we loved them!

I mean we loved them so much, we couldn't stop eating them either until they were completely gone!

I'd never made these before, and they were very easy to make, and I loved how light and crisp they were, in fact soooo light and crisp that we didn't even realize how many we'd eaten because they were so tasty and light!

Thank you so much for this delightfully yummy recipe! :)

aww YAY! I am so happy you made them, Suz!!! Mum is super pleased, too, and is sending her hellos to you :) They are very yummy, aren't they? I think we finished our latest batch in 2 days. Sigh! ;)

Me too, I'm real glad you posted them :) and I'm glad I made them and now have this recipe forever! Thank you.
And yes, they're very delightful, light, crisp, and scrumptious!

Seriously, we had "no left overs", we ate the entire batch while playing board games last weekend and I don't know how we did that, but we did, and that's because they were so darn good we couldn't stop at even eating many, haha

Thank you so much to your mom and you for this recipe, and I'm sending my hello's too :)