Toy Food From Felt Scraps

I have tons of felt scraps from various felt projects and couldn't bring myself to throw them away. So, using only scraps, I made a variety of felt food for my daughter, using basic doll stuffing as filler for some of the "puffier" food. Swiss cheese, fried egg, etc. Apple half, carrot, and orange slice.

Any type of food can be made, depending on the size and color of your scraps. Fabric scraps can certainly be used too. The simpler the better when it comes to children.

By April from Albany, GA

I love, love, love these! What more can I say!?

I'm so downright excited! I wanna run to the store right NOW & buy some felt to make a batch of "food" for my 6 year old granddaughter! Yes! She's got the oven/stove & all the pots & pans... Now she'll have even more food to add to her collection, and I'll even have her help me make them! This is the absolute perfect way to teach a youngster how to sew! Something fast, easy & fun. What more could you ask for?

small wooden basket with a variety of handcrafted felt fruit
Felt Craft Projects
Crafts ToysJuly 29, 2009
Poppy Felt Pin
Felt Pin Ideas
Photo of felt mittens.
Making Felt Mittens
Felt Recyclables for Toy Truck
Making Felt Recyclables for a Toy Truck
Felt Fruit Basket
Making a Felt Fruit Basket