Removing Metallic Taste from Stainless Steel Thermos

How do you remove a metallic taste from a stainless steel thermos?

By ERC

The taste is probably not coming from the stainless steel. It is probably coming from the cap or plug which is lined with plastic or rubber. The best thing to do is not cap the thermos between washings. Leave it opened and the plug and cap opened to the air.

I have the same problem with a stainless steel thermos, and it is a stainless steel taste, not plastic or rubber. I'm hoping someone posts a good solution.

I have used a stainless steel thermos for years, and have no problem with metallic taste. I have found that decaf coffee doesn't keep a fresh taste and taste metallic, but that is the nature of the coffee. Regular coffee is fine. My son has a stainless steel water bottle; he has no trouble with off taste. What are you carrying in your thermos?

I have a new stainless water bottle that I recently used to put iced coffee in. I ended up dumping it out because it tasted so bad, bitter & metallic. This was a new bottle I'd never used either. I washed it & air dried it without the lid on it too. I'm disappointed, hope someone else has an idea on it, I just figured I wasn't going to be able to put coffee in it.