Easy Hair Spray Removal

I would like to know how to remove built up hair spray on wood.

By Karen from Kannapolis, NC

On wood I would use some soapy wood cleaner, you can buy it in most supermarkets. The kind of thing that is used for cleaning wooden floors and furniture. If you only need a little, ask around amongst your friends someone may give you just a little bit (that would be extremely frugal).

September 5, 2010 Flag

How can I remove hairspray build-up on the sink in the bathroom?

By Elaine B. from Trenton, TN

Answers:

Easy Hair Spray Removal

As stated in the archive link a paste of baking soda with a bit of water should take care of it. Or try a little bit or rubbing alcohol on a rag. If you have a used dryer sheet the texture of those work well with either the baking soda or rubbing alcohol to help scrub with. (10/25/2009)

By Kaelle

Easy Hair Spray Removal

I use a solution of ammonia and water to clean almost everything.
About a 1/4 cup of ammonia in a quart of water in a spray bottle. (10/25/2009)

By Southern Saver

Easy Hair Spray Removal

Be careful. I once dyed my hair in sink, then cleaned it with bleach, the powder scrub, well it did not look good enough, so I used liquid bleach, then later to make sure it was immaculate I used ammonia. Oh it was perfect. While my boyfriend and friend and I watched a movie after dinner, we heard popping sounds; the sink exploded! Try explaining that
to your landlord and the boyfriend. It is funny now, I was horrified at the time. (10/29/2009)

By meoowmom

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 24, 2009 Flag

To get hair spray out of your hair, put a little baking soda in your hand with your shampoo and it will remove freeze spray as I use it daily. Works.

By Bonnie from Saint Petersburg, FL

Answers:

Easy Hair Spray Removal

Pledge furniture spray easily removed hair spray from my furniture. Just spray, wait a couple seconds and wipe off. In small crevices spray and use toothbrush. So easy you won't believe it. (09/24/2008)

By Al

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
young man using hairspray in front of mirror
Cleaning Hairspray Off Bathroom Surfaces
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomSeptember 5, 2010
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Hair Spray Nozzle
Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle
🎉
🎄