Keep Last Bit Of Laundry Detergent Upside Down

I am doing laundry today. As usual I purchased a new bottle because I was getting low. I have been doing this for several years and think it's time I shared it. When you do what appears to be the last load from a bottle of detergent, screw the cap on and set it on the shelf upside down. You will get a capful for your next load. At least one extra load per bottle will amount to some savings eventually.

I do a similar thing with the end of the detergent but I usually add a little water and shake it up to get all the excess soap off the edges. Sometimes I will set up a load of laundry and let the bottle drain right into the washer.

Jess

You can also pull off the spout of the bottle and the last of the detergent will all come out. sometimes I have to use pliers to grip it but it comes off fairly easy.

I do the same thing also, when it is getting low in the container (and I only use liquid detergent), I add a bit of water and mix it up, then let it sit till the next wash needs to be done. I also do the same with liquid fabric softener (very rarely use my dryer so I use the liquid). The laundry comes out just as clean and is just as soft.

LI Roe

I too do this. and if i'm running low on liquid fabric softener I add some water to hair conditioner and toss in works just as well as store bought fabric softener

I hang all my shirts to dry on hangers so this too helps to put moisture back into the air and puts the scent (of the conditoner)into the house

Using It All
Getting the Last Bit Out of a Bottle
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 13, 2007
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Muffin Tin Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Muffin Tin Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipes
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
🎉
🎄