Getting the Last Bit Out of a Bottle

Category Helpful Hints
Using It All
Don't you hate it when you can't get that every single bit of a product out of a bottle? This is a guide about getting the last bit out of a bottle.

I have been poor so many times and it's taught me how to spend less on more and to use every last bit of everything. When I have used "all" of the shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, even dish soap, I put water in the bottle and shake it up and finish it that way.

When I have emptied the chocolate syrup, I put milk in it and have another couple glasses of chocolate milk. If I could find a way to get all the foundation out of my glass foundation bottles, that would be great! The laundry soap is a great idea from above, but after that last load, I bet there's still another load in there if you put water in that too.

It's hard to tell how much you're getting, but my milk is super chocolatey and my hair is super soapy and my dish water is super bubbly, so I imagine that it's more than enough. Water is in the products anyway. Also, I have put water in deodorizing sprays. I get a lavender one now from the health food store and used that more as well.

With the high cost of cosmetics, I have discovered a way to use ALL of your lipstick! When the tube gets flat on the top, I use a plastic cuticle tool to dig out the remaining lipstick.

lipstick compact

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 3

Dribble a little vinegar in the bottle or jar and shake well to get the last bit of Mayo or Catsup.

I am doing laundry today. As usual I purchased a new bottle because I was getting low. I have been doing this for several years and think it's time I shared it. When you do what appears to be the last load from a bottle of detergent, screw the cap on and set it on the shelf upside down. You will get a capful for your next load. At least one extra load per bottle will amount to some savings eventually.

It is very difficult to get the last of the sauce out of the plastic sauce bottle even though it is stored upside down. I cut off the top with a scissors and get about a teaspoonful of extra sauce out of it!

By Richard from Leicester, UK

To get every last bit out of a bottle, for instance, a ketchup bottle, make sure the lid is on tightly and swing it like a windmill. The centrifugal force will bring it to the top.

Source: Yahoo tips

By Laniegirl from Iowa

Editor's Note: Be sure to have a good grip on the bottle so it doesn't fly out of your hands.

I love the expensive "eyelid primer" before applying my eye shadow. It only takes a dot on the eyelid to make my makeup last from morning to night. When I get to the "end" of the tiny tube and can't squeeze anymore out, there's still at least a week's worth in the tube.

Make sure to get all the motor oil out of the containers used in oil changes buy letting them drip upside down in a funnel back into one of the containers, letting each one drain for a couple of days. By Melanie

Rubber spatulas are wonderful things! I routinely use mine to get the last little bit out of a jar. Recently, a visitor was amazed that I was able to scrape enough peanut butter out of an empty-looking jar to make a full sandwich! By Leann D