Pen Ink on Mattress

My dog chewed on a pen on my bed and black ink got on the sheets and bled through to the mattress. How should I get it out of the linens and the mattress?

Elaia from Baton Rouge, LA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By siris (Guest Post) 02/17/2006

Spot shot the carpet cleaner does an awesome job of removing ink

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By oredwine1933 (Guest Post) 02/17/2006

Three thoughts come to mind for removing the ink. Number one would be to try hair spray directly on the spots. Then use a brush to agitate and blot with towels. Another one is a product called "OOPS" at the hardware store. It is handy in removing many kinds of spots.Third is to spray WD40 on the area. Hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By debbie (Guest Post) 02/18/2006

I'm not sure about your mattress, but I used "Spot Shot" to get out all the ink in my brand new homes carpet when my puppy chewed a pen up. I also used it on my mattress when one of my dogs was "sick" and vomited on the mattress while I was away also. It worked great. I wouldn't be without it. Can't even tell where the ink was today........Debbie

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By suzi_homemaker01 (Guest Post) 02/23/2006

Try a product called Awesome. It can be found at Dollar Trees and General Dollar Stores for 1.00!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No